Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Mothers Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:39 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Mothers Kit

I bought Mothers Kit which included Detailer spray, Clay Bar, & small container of wax.I've read and followed the instructions that came with the kit. What a waste of time and money [:@]. Has anyone else have bad experiences with products you've used. Please post it here.

Thumbs down to Mothers [:'(]I am going to try the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar next. I will let you allknow how it works out.

Peace Out
Old 05-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mothers Kit

Check out my website bud! www.obsessivedetail.com I can assure you, the products I carry will make you completely happy!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 AM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

yeah mothers blows, i bought the same kit and it doesnt do anything at all to my overspray...claymagic and meguiars both cut throuhg it though...if you buy the liquid clay crap that will only be another let down
i want to try juz' stuff
Old 05-02-2007, 08:44 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juztang

Check out my website bud! www.obsessivedetail.com I can assure you, the products I carry will make you completely happy!
You were wrong I am not happy, Turtle Wax ischeaper!But Thank you.Send me some samples and then maybe I'll buy your product. But I've got a lot of places close to me I can get detailing productsfrom and be happy,for alotcheaper and they work. Or when I put my car into storage after 40,000 I will order your products to protect it.
Also do I have to pay for shipping charges?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyrideGT2004

You were wrong I am not happy, Turtle Wax ischeaper!But Thank you.Send me some samples and then maybe I'll buy your product. But I've got a lot of places close to me I can get detailing productsfrom and be happy,for alotcheaper and they work. Or when I put my car into storage after 40,000 I will order your products to protect it.
dude you are complete idiot his stuff is top of the line i would not use that crap that they sell in auto part stores it will give your car an imaculate shine
Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
dr1965
2nd Gear Member

I used Mothers for years!!! Now the only thing i use is the Showroom shine spray detailer. When i go to do the wax, i useMeguiar's. I just got done waxing last night, use the high speed buffer, and Meguiers cleaner/wax.Nice Glass finish. I also use there clay bar, kinda small bar, but works great.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Geez, do youwant everything for free? Juztangs stuff is all priced great...

Turtle wax is garbage. Juztangs stuff is not the weak amateur wallet robbing crap you've been wasting all your money on for years, homey. BTW, storing it at 40k? I hope you know it's not gonna be worth a dime in 20 years.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

I bought Mothers Kit which included Detailer spray, Clay Bar, & small container of wax.I've read and followed the instructions that came with the kit. What a waste of time and money [:@]. Has anyone else have bad experiences with products you've used. Please post it here.

Thumbs down to Mothers [:'(]I am going to try the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar next. I will let you allknow how it works out.

Peace Out

If the Mothers clay didn't work as you expected, either you didn't follow the instructions just right, your expectations are too high, or you've got issues clay and a cleaner wax won't solve -- and certainly Ice Liquid Clay won't solve (been there, done that).

Tell us about your paint challenges.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:19 PM
DavidN

I have to respectfully disagree wit those of you slamming Mothers clay. I think it is excellent and it always removes contamination from my paint. In terms of removing overspray, then the Mothers bar is too mild (Mothers clay is consumer grade clay). If you want to remove paint overspray then you will need bodyshop clay, which clay magic and meguiars both make.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

unless your paint is in very bad condition then the mothers clay should work fine. i have had no problems with it before. and honestly, justins products arent much more expensive than the turtle wax crap you buy at wal-mart or auto zone. maybe 5 bucks a bottle more, but if you really care about your car then that money shouldnt matter. i just ordered a few things from him and was very pleased. much moreso than i have been with anything i have ever bought at any auto parts store. i have tried just about anything and his stuff is some of the best so far. it is well worth the cost of the products. and yes....everything i have heard about the liquid claybar is that it sucks. i wasnt a fan of the ice polish to begin with. if you want a good over the counter clay bar then go with the clay magic. its the best i have found so far.

Quick Reply: Mothers Kit