Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
remoandiris

Default Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar

Anyone used it? Does it work as well as the real thing?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar

The Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar shouldn't even be advertised as a claybar. It won't even come close to doing what a real claybar will do. The Turtle Wax stuff is basically just a polish that will clean the paint. It won't remove any embedded contaminants.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

I used it. Wasn't too bad. Definitely what Juztang said though, it doesn't come close to the real deal. Its more like a watery wax that you can douse the car in and wash it off. After a while, it dries, ends up looking like you waxed, and then you have to manually dry all that off with towels.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:09 PM
DJPcustoms
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juztang

The Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar shouldn't even be advertised as a claybar. It won't even come close to doing what a real claybar will do. The Turtle Wax stuff is basically just a polish that will clean the paint. It won't remove any embedded contaminants.
+1

If you want to clay bar, do the real thing you'll be glad.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ I agree. Nothing beats claybars!!!!!! Very easy to use and I could get a whole mustang done in less than an hour and that is taking my time. Let the clay do the work and I never use clay in a circular motion. The lubricant you use makes all the difference as well. I clayed my bros car and it is brand new and felt rather smooth, but after the clay it was smooth as glass and towels and other small stuff now slides off and this was before a polish and wax.
ORIGINAL: Juztang

Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM
usfmustang03
1st Gear Member

at the risk of sounding like an idiot...what is a clay bar??? and what does it do?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

The Ice claybar didn't do a damn thing as far as removing tree sap or other little things from my car. Now, where the paint was already clean it did shine it up and take off some of the spider web scratches, but that was about it.

I did finally find that Tarminator works wonders for getting off the baked on sap though.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
dave22478
2nd Gear Member

Is a claybar like a cleaner, can it hurt the paint? I am nervous about using cleaners on my car.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

A claybar will remove embedded contaminants that are in your paint. A claybar will not hurt hurt your paint at all. You want to use a clay lube as lubrication. Pick out a 2x2 section and spray plenty of clay lube and let the clay glide over the surface, there is no need to apply any pressure. You will notice that your paint will become incredibly slick feeling.

Claying will not hurt your car at all.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
dave22478
2nd Gear Member

Which kind would you recommend? Can I get something at like autozone, or should I order something off the net?

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar