Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Optimum No Rinse demo video

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Default Optimum No Rinse demo video

I always get a lot of questions on how to correctly use No Rinse. A lot of people are really skeptical but this stuff works awesome. Here is the first demo video I've seen on No Rinse. I carry this in stock in 32 oz. and Gallon sizes by the way!

Well here is the video! http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00996428313622

Here is the link to the No Rinse on my website http://www.obsessivedetail.com/optimum.html
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Optimum No Rinse demo video

Cool deal. The fact he is doing it on such an expensive car really puts me at ease.

I think I'll have to give it a try. However I only have 1 mit, looks like I need to invest in a few before I'd feel totally comfortable doing it on a black car. Think that's neccesary Justin or do I just need to relax? [8D]
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Danase
1st Gear Member

Cool video! Someone posted it on my forums this morning too. Glad to see it out there for the peopel that are unsure about it.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Cooter
3rd Gear Member

I was skeptical about it also but then I took the leap of faith. I really like ONR. I use it on my black Mustang all the time. Just think. All the water you need to wash your car is in those 2 buckets. Seems crazy not using a water hose. It really works.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Cool deal. The fact he is doing it on such an expensive car really puts me at ease.

I think I'll have to give it a try. However I only have 1 mit, looks like I need to invest in a few before I'd feel totally comfortable doing it on a black car. Think that's neccesary Justin or do I just need to relax? [8D]
Dan

I use a few different mitts with the No Rinse and they all work well. I use the chenille/microfiber mitt that I stock, a sheepskin mitt, and a chenille mitt. The chenille mitt is the cheapest and will work fine. If you still feel uncomfortable doing the No Rinse you can also use another bucket for your rinse water. I do this on black cars every once in a while.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
8thman

Nice Demo, do you ever need soap or give it a full wash down with a hose? Do you ever put wax on it afterwards? or do advise against wax?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

No Rinse can actually replace conventional washing. The only way you would need to wash the vehicle down with a hose is if there was a lot of mud on the vehicle. I had a couple of trucks yesterday that had a lot of mud on the lower panels. I spray the mud off with my pressure washer and then proceeded with the No Rinse. It leaves the finish feeling slick and gives a just waxed look. The polymers in the No Rinse will also prolong the protection that is already on the vehicle. You can put wax on afterwards with no problem.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 PM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

I bought a bottle about a month ago and have used it a couple times and the stuff works great. Saves me a ton of headache as I live in an apartment complex and have a dinky little hose that you have to keep feeding quarters into. Using theNo Rinseworks very well and saves me some change in the process! I just had to invest a little cash in a new mit and some towels. I usually take the hose and fill the bucket up, followed by spraying the car down to get some of the chunkier bugs off (FL is great for this) for good measure whiletrying to get my 75 cents worth. I usually use one bucket (mostly because that's all I have) and I haven't had any problems.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Here is another Optimum No Rinse demo on a dirtier vehicle.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8290&hl=en
Old 12-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

I thought I would bump this back to the top. A lot of people have been taking the No Rinse plunge and I've been getting tons of pm's and e-mails from people asking about it. Hopefully this will help out some!

Quick Reply: Optimum No Rinse demo video