Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

just learned something...AGAIN..NEED HELP

Old 01-02-2009, 03:21 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Angry just learned something...AGAIN..NEED HELP

NOT TO GO THRU CAR WASHES THAT USE BRUSHES. yes yes i know i know. but i was drigving back from tuscaloosa, al yesterday and i stopped to get gas and thought hey i will wash her for the ride home. BIG mistake.
it is mostly sunny in nashville today and low and behold i see the light swirls that the brushes left on my car. THE WHOLE THING. question is what do need to go get tonight, after work, to remove the swirls? and do i apply like i am waxing the car?
looks like i have a project to do this weekend. at least it is supposed to be nice here.
thanks for any help guys.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

just talked to a detailing friend of mine and he is going to buff the whole car in the morning at my work. just sucks i have to come in on my day off. but at least i will not be working. just buffing and waxing my car. might as well do the inside again while im at it. just will make a day out of it. lol
Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Daytripper540
3rd Gear Member

Hey man, Looks like you solved your problem..so what car wash did you go to in Tuscaloosa? I live here. Just wanna make sure never to go there, though I've never been through a car wash...some cold days it just seems easier and is mighty tempting.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

it was actually on the huntsville side of birmingham. some little town off interstate 65. sorry for the confusion buddy. your good.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Sucks that happened Shoey but you knew better in the first place....lets see some pics after the detail!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM
ImpOnFire
HRnB's Minion

haha, i learned that a long time ago.. sucks as an experience.. when i lived in apartments and used the carwash station up the street ppl looked at me like i was crazy for standing out there with a bucket, sponge and sham.. and ill never do a drive through again when i get this car painted.. btw, is that a custom color?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ImpOnFire
haha, i learned that a long time ago.. sucks as an experience.. when i lived in apartments and used the carwash station up the street ppl looked at me like i was crazy for standing out there with a bucket, sponge and sham.. and ill never do a drive through again when i get this car painted.. btw, is that a custom color?
Yeah i carry a wash mitt in my car in a ziplock bag. its a trick running one of those wands and a wash mitt at the same time but it can be done and works fairly well plus thers not the pain of putting up all your washing supplies just ring out the mitt put it in the bag.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

I use them in the winter, but rarely. I generally go to a quarter car wash that has the "PRESOAK" feature on it. And nothing touches the car. It gets the car clean and that's about all you can hope for in the winter. Bucket washing is for detailing in the summer.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

I've never taken either of my Mustangs through an automated car wash. Touchless or not, they're definitely a no-no. As for washing in the winter, if you have a garage, buy a little propane space heater and heat the garage for a while. After it's warm, use some Optimum No-Rinse car wash and some nice quality microfibers for washing and drying. I detail my car at night in January in a t-shirt. It's nice not fighting sub-freezing temps and the dark.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ImpOnFire
it is actually dark candy apple red metallic. what used to be redfire. love the color.

and mygt500 i will post up pics soon. i have them on my camera just havent gotten around to putting them on here. i still see them at times(im the only one too) but i will have the paint guy that comes to my dealership every week hit it a little more with his buffer. should be good to go by the time i go to birmingham for the 45th anniversary show. but i have def learned my lesson. the one i use around my house is a brushless automatic and that is all im going to use from now on.
funny thing is a wash her once a week at the dealership that i work at. you would think that would be enough. but i hate seing dirt or dust on her. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just learned something...AGAIN..NEED HELP