Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Cleaning interior gunk, dirt, crud, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush2002
i like the maguires line of detailing products. Unless armor all has changed over the past few years i had always heard that armor all was very bad for interior...that it speeds up the cracking process. Anyone else heard this?
Armour All used to be alcohol based and that did cause the interior plastics and vinyl to dryout. Now it is water based and they don't have that problem anymore.

If you want to tryout a really good interior dressing that dries to the touch, isn't greasy, adds protection and conditionions,you should try my OD Silk Shine Dressing. This is really popular among the members here.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 AM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Armour, or armourall makes the interior extremely greasy and when the sun gets to it, it will also dry your interior out and make it fade much quicker than normal. It is gross and tacky if you ask me. I use a combination or Woolite and water. What do you guys think of this combo? It works pretty well I have to say but it seems as if you have to scrub real hard with a towel so I might start using a brush too.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by freefallin98
Armour, or armourall makes the interior extremely greasy and when the sun gets to it, it will also dry your interior out and make it fade much quicker than normal. It is gross and tacky if you ask me. I use a combination or Woolite and water. What do you guys think of this combo? It works pretty well I have to say but it seems as if you have to scrub real hard with a towel so I might start using a brush too.
Woolite and water is ok for cleaning carpet and upholstery, but I wouldn't use it on your plastics and vinyl. You want a product that is designed for it. My interior protectants have uv protection and also condition, they dry to the touch and aren't greasy.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:51 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Juztang
Woolite and water is ok for cleaning carpet and upholstery, but I wouldn't use it on your plastics and vinyl. You want a product that is designed for it. My interior protectants have uv protection and also condition, they dry to the touch and aren't greasy.
Oh alright well I will have to pick some up then. Thanks again Justin.