Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Sell me on your favorite wax/polish! Advice needed..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Default Sell me on your favorite wax/polish! Advice needed..

Okay, so here is the deal. I am looking for a new wax/polish for my 01 Mustang GT which is Mineral Grey in color. I am currently using Mothers FX SynWax and looking to upgrade. I have used Zaino on a very dark blue car I used to own and loved it but am looking for new advice. You can either tell me your personal favorite or show me how the product you sell will make me most happy My main requirement is that I be able to layer the product for a deep gloss. I prefer as deep of a shine as possible to really make the otherwise dull metalics of Mineral Grey really pop. Also looking for something that can last a good while and has a compatible quick detailer I can use on the weekends and stuff. I will most likely be applying it with either microfiber pads by hand or a Mothers Paint ball on a drill. I would like to stay under 75 -90 bucks for everything I need too. I will be using micro fiber towels and stuff I already have so I won't be needing those. Also one thing I would like is a product that doesn't have long wait times between being able to layer it. Zaino had a hardner type product to add to the main product and drastically shorten the time required before adding another layer. I am also open to knowing what makes your product better than just ordering more zaino The last thing is I am stationed in Alaska so I would like to keep shipping costs as low as possible. Thanks for any help guys and let me know if you have any questions!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 PM
19stang88
3rd Gear Member

take a look at the adams products
Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

A lot of members on here use my OD Wet Obsession paste wax. This goes on and off with ease, doesn't have any residue and will leave a very deep and wet look. If you do a search on here you will find a ton of people that have used Wet Obsession and have gotten excellent results.

For your polish you can't go wrong with my OD Light Polish or Meguiars M205.

Since you are a member here you get 10% off products and accessories. The only things that won't count is items that are already on sale and polisher packages.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Juztang
A lot of members on here use my OD Wet Obsession paste wax. This goes on and off with ease, doesn't have any residue and will leave a very deep and wet look. If you do a search on here you will find a ton of people that have used Wet Obsession and have gotten excellent results.

Since you are a member here you get 10% off products and accessories. The only things that won't count is items that are already on sale and polisher packages.
I have heard good things about your products. I will check them out and see what I think
Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
southfillyboy2p0

I use Zaino Z5 then OD Wet Glaze then OD Wet Obsession paste wax and it looks amazing on black cars which is really hard to do. I've also done this combo on my friend's mineral gray and it looked like liquid metal although I think Z2 is better for lighter cars.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:33 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by southfillyboy2p0
I use Zaino Z5 then OD Wet Glaze then OD Wet Obsession paste wax and it looks amazing on black cars which is really hard to do. I've also done this combo on my friend's mineral gray and it looked like liquid metal although I think Z2 is better for lighter cars.
Humm...do you layer the z2/z5 then add the other products or can the OD wetglaze be layered? I would really like to see some pics! I didn't know you could put the other stuff over the zaino. Figured it would remove it or something. What's the diff between z2 and z5? I don't even remember what i used before.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Well I didn't splurge for your paste wax but I did buy the wet wax and the glaze to go with! I couldn't figure out the 10% off thing so I put it in a note on the payment. Any tips on how to best use this combo? Can I layer the wet wax? I'm planning to use a pretty good polish I already have then do the glaze and then the wax!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
Well I didn't splurge for your paste wax but I did buy the wet wax and the glaze to go with! I couldn't figure out the 10% off thing so I put it in a note on the payment. Any tips on how to best use this combo? Can I layer the wet wax? I'm planning to use a pretty good polish I already have then do the glaze and then the wax!
Thanks for the order!

On my Obsessive Detail site I just have members here enter mustang forums and I refund the discount back to you. I will get the discount funded back to you here in a little bit.

Both the glaze and the wax can be layered. You don't have to use that much of either, a little bit will go a long way. Just wipe then on and then take them off. I always apply them to the whole vehicle and then wipe off.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
southfillyboy2p0

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
Humm...do you layer the z2/z5 then add the other products or can the OD wetglaze be layered? I would really like to see some pics! I didn't know you could put the other stuff over the zaino. Figured it would remove it or something. What's the diff between z2 and z5? I don't even remember what i used before.
You can layer it. I just had some Z5 left so I used that as well. Z5 is a light polish and swirl remover that works better on dark cars and Z2 for ligter colors. I wish I could take pics but my car is covered in rock salt and my friends is in storage.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the order!

On my Obsessive Detail site I just have members here enter mustang forums and I refund the discount back to you. I will get the discount funded back to you here in a little bit.

Both the glaze and the wax can be layered. You don't have to use that much of either, a little bit will go a long way. Just wipe then on and then take them off. I always apply them to the whole vehicle and then wipe off.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Can I put the glaze and or wax on with a mothers power ball for paint? I appreciate you sponsoring the forums and thanks alot for the discount! I will let you know how the cars turn out

Quick Reply: Sell me on your favorite wax/polish! Advice needed..