Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Pony Delete grilles

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 AM
04NGTMARE
1st Gear Member

Default Pony Delete grilles

This is probably a stupid question but how do you remove the pony thats already at the grille? Does the "delete" in the kit give you direction on how to remove it? I want to purchase a pony delete kit, link below, but not sure how to remove the pony and the ring around it. Looks like I have to remove the bumper but not sure. Wanted to ask before I started.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...te-grille.html
Old 07-18-2011, 02:24 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

if you look where the product description is, right next to it is a tab that has the full instructions with pics for removing the old one and installing the new one. looks pretty simple, and no bumper removal.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:30 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 04NGTMARE
This is probably a stupid question but how do you remove the pony thats already at the grille? Does the "delete" in the kit give you direction on how to remove it? I want to purchase a pony delete kit, link below, but not sure how to remove the pony and the ring around it. Looks like I have to remove the bumper but not sure. Wanted to ask before I started.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...te-grille.html
Thanks for the inquiry!

Installation instructions can be found here: http://www.americanmuscle.com/pony-d...4-install.html

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any questions in the future!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:33 AM
04NGTMARE
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replys. I appreciate it.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the replys. I appreciate it.
My pleasure!

Let me know if you have any questions in the future!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
04NGTMARE
1st Gear Member

I looked at it again and its hard to explain. The pony and corral is attached in the middle with star screws it looks like. But if I take it off, there will be plastic right down the middle where it was. Vertically down the middle. That piece is a solid piece that goes all around both sides around my lights. Its attached to my bumper too. Not sure if thats supposed to come off. I just want that pony and grille off and the front being wide open but the huge hard plastic thing is in the way. People are saying 4 screws and then taking a 7mm ratchet for the bottom, but thats the grille itself. Mine is not a grille. Just attached to a big plastic piece. Pics are below.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

I looked at it again and its hard to explain. The pony and corral is attached in the middle with star screws it looks like. But if I take it off, there will be plastic right down the middle where it was. Vertically down the middle. That piece is a solid piece that goes all around both sides around my lights. Its attached to my bumper too. Not sure if thats supposed to come off. I just want that pony and grille off and the front being wide open but the huge hard plastic thing is in the way. People are saying 4 screws and then taking a 7mm ratchet for the bottom, but thats the grille itself. Mine is not a grille. Just attached to a big plastic piece. Pics are below.

Look at the picture under step2 of the instructions: http://www.americanmuscle.com/pony-d...4-install.html
you should still have those 4 bolts holding that center-post section onto the bumper. Remove those and the whole grille-frame and pony should come out.