Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Serious interior help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Default Serious interior help!

I think I have a pretty good size restoration on my hands, atleast for someone who has never done this before and is new to the whole car thing to begin with!

Ill include pictures of what I am talking about so it is easier for people to understand. Anyways, previous owner did some wierd things to the car (Just got her a couple of weeks ago) and it's driving me up a wall and I must fix it, you'll see what I mean.

First off, this was orginally a 35th anniversary interior. (I think its supposed to be silver?) For now I want to paint over the peices that were originally that (after taking the carbon fiber junk out) and paint it dark charcoal (anyone know where to find it other than online?)

First up is the part that annoys me the most, my arm rest (I think its the arm rest) its been falling down after owning it for a few days, it looks like someone tried to reglue it over the factory glue. Obviously what ever they tried didn't work (theres even some doubled sided tape in there) What would you guys recommend I use? Also I circled these I guess you'd call tabs in red, should I replace them? Or try to clean them off? If I must replace them, where can I get these?

Next up is the center dash peice, it seems to be missing the cubby hole area right behind the shifter and below the stereo deck I suppose ill have to replace that whole piece? Or are there parts I can buy online to replace it? Also there seems to be two tabs that hold the whole thing in place (plus a couple of screws) Anyone know where to buy these? I tried to find them online, but can't seem to find this specific one.

This is a picture of right under the hand break (circiled in blue). It seems someone cut out the rubber things that go on the middle console area.... Not sure how to really explain, can't seem to find the right words, hopefully someone will know though. Where can I find this piece at? Mainly just looking to find out what its called.

Also my driver side and passanger side seatbelts have a hard time retracting, what can I do to fix this? Where can I find it?

Please help me! I am dying to get my Stang looking all pretty the way she's supposed to be!

Thanks for any help!

Josh
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

In my area we have what is called "U Pull Em". A junk yard that you take the parts off and they charge you accordingly. Costs alot less than the stealership rates. Check your yellow pages. Have you ever seen painted trim pieces after 2 years.