Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Default How To Remove Swirls By Hand

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...rls-By-Hand&s=

Well I decided to give this Meguiar's ScratchX a try So I did two area's on the car the hood and the top ! I did this in my garage away from the Sun. I first clean the area's before applying the ScratchX,I applied this in 16x16 area's because this stuff dries very fast almost like paste as soon as you apply take a micro cloth and remove.Where I saw scratches that were very noticeable I had to apply several time to take the blemishes/scratches away or to make harder to see. Once you do this you need to apply a coat of wax because this is like a paint cleaner and removes all the wax! It took me a couple of hours just to do the hood/top and you must have some patience .......

So the end results? It did make the car look more smoother/ brighter in the paint and it took some of the scratches out of the clear coat not all ! I'm going to go around and do the rest of the car with this and do it in small sections in my spare time.....

If your looking for a miracle don't bother save the $11 dollars for something else but if you want to give your car alittle love why not ! This stuff been out on the market for while.....