Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

What is the best wax?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:45 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

3M paste wax.....its yellow and smells like coconut if that helps. But it doesn't last long at all
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Mark86SVO
1st Gear Member

Since I have used Zaino, I have not used anything else. Used it on my 2000 Lightning (Black) You talking about a deep shine, everybody that looked at the truck thought it was a new paint job. A little pricey, but to me it is worth the money.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Norman1

Well I think the best wax which I used is Mother's car wax.. because I also tested the other waxes but never got the results as got from Mother's wax. I am using that wax from 3 years and never face any problem. I think guys you also should try that.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM
mith
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
3M paste wax.....its yellow and smells like coconut if that helps. But it doesn't last long at all
I posted in another thread about a new store (3d) that recently opened up. I can't speak for their products, but I CAN speak for the person who worked there. He has NO clue what he's doing. I say that because when I pulled into the parking lot, he saw my car. I told him my... oh never mind... that's irrelevant.

I like the idea of the smell of coconut. That has to make the polishing process much more enjoyable. When you say that it doesn't last long.... how long is long? I wash/wax my Mustang about once a week. I enjoy doing it because I love the results. I also use Maguire's quick detail spray. It seems to work well and is fast and easy to remove.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Meguiar's products (now owned by 3M) are usually the best smelling. I've got stuff that reminds me of grape drink, coconut, vanilla, etc. I'm surprised they don't get sued by people eating their products. I find myself wondering what each new product smells like, and it's always "smells like the taste of ______."

If any of don't know about Meguiar's Detailer Line of products, you might want to check them out - large sizes that are much cheaper. I buy Last Touch (detailer) by the gallon as well as their All Purpose Cleaner and Detailer Window Cleaner (one $20 gallon makes eleven gallons at 1 part cleaner:10 parts water). They also have liquid waxes, leather cleaner/protectant, etc.

It's really cost effective especially if you order during one of AutoGeek's 15% Off with Free Shipping deeals.

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 05-24-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:04 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mith
I posted in another thread about a new store (3d) that recently opened up. I can't speak for their products, but I CAN speak for the person who worked there. He has NO clue what he's doing. I say that because when I pulled into the parking lot, he saw my car. I told him my... oh never mind... that's irrelevant.

I like the idea of the smell of coconut. That has to make the polishing process much more enjoyable. When you say that it doesn't last long.... how long is long? I wash/wax my Mustang about once a week. I enjoy doing it because I love the results. I also use Maguire's quick detail spray. It seems to work well and is fast and easy to remove.
I found out through the grapevine that a lot of car stealerships around here use it on their sellers. I find it lasts about a month. That is why I have been covering it up with a lightl cover of NuFinish. Lasts about 6 monthes. But I have been corrected
Old 05-27-2013, 12:34 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Default Klasse All-In-One

I have been using Klasse and apply every 12 months. I heard about Fire Glaze and wrote them this past weekend as had some skepticism in some claims. I like a treatment that is Looong lasting and I use automatic car washes. The Fire Glaze fellow is sending me a bottle at no charge for me to try. If applied correctly, this sealant should last for months. To strip existing treatment, he told me to use 1 bottle of white vinegar to 2 gallons of water.

Fire Glaze is under new owners since 2011, and understand they have made new improvements in their formulation.

Anyway, if he sends me a free bottle, I will definitely give it a try. I hope it is as tough as they say it is with deep shine on black pony.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:11 AM
mith
1st Gear Member

I just bought some nufinish (sp?). Not happy with it. Claimed to remove swirl marks. I used my orbital with it.

I can't find the attachments for my off-brand buffer, so I'll probably just buy a new one somewhere. I'll have to find an auto detailing store somewhere I guess.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mith
I just bought some nufinish (sp?). Not happy with it. Claimed to remove swirl marks. I used my orbital with it.

I can't find the attachments for my off-brand buffer, so I'll probably just buy a new one somewhere. I'll have to find an auto detailing store somewhere I guess.
If you will remember one of my posts, Its an opinion. Good for you, you now have an opinion. What I like and what you like might be two different things. Meguires might be your next try seeing as alot of people on here like it. Good luck
Old 05-28-2013, 05:53 PM
teetertotter
2nd Gear Member

Default Ziebart Treatment

Added note:
Wife's 12' GMC Terrain will get the usual Ziebart aircraft exterior claimed treatment same as her prior 07 GMC Acadia was treated. $80.00

I have read that Zymol is a good low cost treatment that lasts.

Quick Reply: What is the best wax?