Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Keeping it clean for more than an hour

Old 06-11-2014, 01:33 PM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

I just wash mine once or twice a week or as needed depening on rain. Use a good quality wax every 6 months minimum or when your paint feels like it could use it. I find if you wash your car on a regular basis, its easier to maintain and I can wash mine from start to finish in 25 min or so.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:37 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

I like Meguires Quickwax. Comes in a spray bottle. It's similar to quick detailer but you're basically applying a thin coat of wax to your car. I wax my car every 3 months, I quickwax my car after every wash. It helps to maintain your wax finish, and allows for an easier clean the next time you wash your car. Also, you've seen a waxed car after a rain. It just helps you maintain the cleanliness. Hope this helps.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM
bdraisey
1st Gear Member

Love your mustang callinetnectes

Name:  IMG_0665.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  120.0 KB
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Green Stang

I believe this is what your looking for...

The product they use is called "Ultra-Ever Dry". Its been used for years to make cement trucks easier to wash. From my understanding the product is not available to public and is for commercial use. But I am sure if you looked hard enough someone would sell it to you.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bdraisey
Love your mustang callinetnectes

Thank you! Yours is beautiful. Go Chargers!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
I like Meguires Quickwax. Comes in a spray bottle. It's similar to quick detailer but you're basically applying a thin coat of wax to your car. I wax my car every 3 months, I quickwax my car after every wash. It helps to maintain your wax finish, and allows for an easier clean the next time you wash your car. Also, you've seen a waxed car after a rain. It just helps you maintain the cleanliness. Hope this helps.
I like the Meguiar's line too, so yesterday I bought a clay kit and anything that said "ultimate" on it. I'm looking forward to trying the ultimate wash & wax anywhere because it's waterless. How cool is that!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Slow*Jim
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
I use this stuff too with good results. Doesn't last as long or protect as well as a real wax but I can do the whole car in 20min
Old 06-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
Hey now...Seattle doesn't really get that much rain compared to every major city along the Gulf of Mexico...
But they do have a rain forest in Olympia (few hours outside Seattle) if you're interested! lol
Come to think of it, I spent a week in Seattle a few years ago, and it didn't rain once!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

It's been a good day! I took the car in for the first service, and when I got home I dragged all my new Meguiar's stuff out and spent a couple hours detailing. The ultimate wash and wax is pretty good, but I know I'll have to fully wax it next week and that's okay. The clay kit is awesome and worked wonders on some stubborn crap on the trunk and hood, and afterwards I made a giraffe and a kitty cat out of the clay...just what I need, another hobby.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:16 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

go to the drug store and get some of those magnum sized condoms and slip your car into it slowly. Make sure not to break it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keeping it clean for more than an hour