Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
GLOCKer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Mustang, GT
Default Just washed my engine bay!

A friend at work who owns an award winning 2001 Bullitt recommended a product he uses on his motor called S100. It's a motorcycle engine cleaner. I picked up a bottle a couple of months ago for $11 at a local motorcycle dealer and finally got to use it tonight.

I spritzed a little on the engine bay, and then using a clean sponge, scrubbed everything down with-in reason. I then misted water over the motor to rinse the S100 off before hitting it with the electric leaf blower. I am extremely happy with the results!

The product:
Click the image to open in full size.

BEFORE:

AND AFTER:

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
-Mods:Window Tint, MMD Hood Struts, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Eibach Sportline Springs, SR Performance Short Throw Shifter, SVE Shift Knob, Matte Black Fender Hashes, Matte Black 5.0 Emblems, GT Badging on Strut Tower Brace, Ford Racing GT500 Axle-back Exhaust minus resonators, Boss 302 Wheels, AntennaX Antenna
GLOCKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
TPony
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT Vert

Looking good. Did you cover anything prior spraying?
El Boricua. Roush Fascia/chin/scoop, DD 18X9 w/NT555 255/45/18, GTA Axlebacks, GT500 spoiler/pedals. Interior billet upgrades, seq, eng dress up, chrm valve cvrs, BBK Shorties, Steeda LCA, GMS CAI SCT X3, Brenspeed 93, drilled/slotted rotors.
TPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012, Mustang, GT
clark webster xtrapulp

Mustang Owners - A breed apart!
steel pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
GLOCKer
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPony View Post
Looking good. Did you cover anything prior spraying?
No. I was nervous about it, but I didn't cover anything. But I was careful about where and how much water I applied to different areas of motor. Some areas required more water to flush the surface but some areas only required a fine mist. I was just careful!
-Mods:Window Tint, MMD Hood Struts, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Eibach Sportline Springs, SR Performance Short Throw Shifter, SVE Shift Knob, Matte Black Fender Hashes, Matte Black 5.0 Emblems, GT Badging on Strut Tower Brace, Ford Racing GT500 Axle-back Exhaust minus resonators, Boss 302 Wheels, AntennaX Antenna
Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #5
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

You were nervous about it so you chose to not cover sensitive electrical components? There's several key items that are not designed to get wet. Getting these wet can / will cause issues / start a slow and certain process of destruction.

15 years ago with minimal electronics you could get away with hosting things down. A car that has every single function controlled by a computer? Well....would you hose down a laptop computer to clean it?
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
GLOCKer
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d View Post
You were nervous about it so you chose to not cover sensitive electrical components? There's several key items that are not designed to get wet. Getting these wet can / will cause issues / start a slow and certain process of destruction.

15 years ago with minimal electronics you could get away with hosting things down. A car that has every single function controlled by a computer? Well....would you hose down a laptop computer to clean it?
Do you have some problem with me or is it just your personality type? What do you not understand about:
Quote:
But I was careful about where and how much water I applied to different areas of motor.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Surf City Garage
Sponsor

Vehicle: 1967 Chevy C10

Looks great!

USE THE CODE PONY and SAVE 10% OFF ANY ORDER AT www.SurfCityGarage.com
Surf City Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement