Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

NO REPLACEMENT FOR WEEKLY WASH/WAX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:59 AM
RenGen
Banned

Default NO REPLACEMENT FOR WEEKLY WASH/WAX!!!

couple months ago i got a full exterior detail, buff, wax, wash, everything - and my car looked like it just rolled out of the factory, so i said to myself i said "self, i shall only do touchless washing from now on"

so I started going to touchless laser wash every week with their 9$ (most expensive) package that did "polishing" "waxing" etc, but meh, and it was getting too expensive...

so yesterday I went to the DIY section and sprayed it down with soap, water - then took it out to dry, got my trusty bottle of spray on wax and waffle weave towel, sprayed + dried with the towel - cleaned the exhaust tips - rear deck panel, mirrors, tire shine - and HOLY HELL its a night and day difference - i cant even show the justice in a picture, its like a GLASS MIRROR thats a little wet and I CANT STOP LOOKING AT IT IN THE SUN!!!

its great really, after i lost everything my car is one of the biggest things that give my life purpose - its like the tiger richard parker in "the life of pi" - i get up in the morning to drive my car down the street to the college and play encouraging music as the students go to class like "hey dont write yourself out yet, its only in ur head u feel left out - and looked down on'

then i got to walmart to pick up my frozen pizza for lunch and dinner - then play Star wars the old republic.

i love my car, honestly if it wasnt for the weekly wash, i would probably never do laundry because i dont mind wearing the same shirt over and over but my detailing towels definitely need to be clean and ready ASAP!

gah sucks that i went back to my old routine at the tail end of summer, last couple months i really shouldnt have gone touchless, but o wel, and sucks cus i got my car this time last year so i washed and waxed weekly while there was 12 inches of snow out there, and trhen this summer i ddint take care enough, and now its almost over - o well still a month or 2 of good weather to enjoy then stang goes IN THE STORAGE!!!

this may be the last car or nice thing period i have in my life, but i know as soon as i go to heaven ill have my girlfrined and 458 italia waiting for me
Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

I bet your detailer did a bang up job. The shine you see isn't from the wax but from the detailer polishing out the paint. The wax is only to protect the paint. As for the touchless car wash, no. Just, no. They always leave a layer of dirt down deep in the car and if you get the wax with it, guess where that dirt ends up. I'm glad you're doing the DIY wash (or were doing it). Once a week ought to do it. Now, on to the wash, clean shirt every day unless you want to drive the ladies away. Oh, wait, I meant to talk about the detailing towels, sorry. I hope they're microfiber and you REALLY don't want to wash those with your cloths. Soap is a very bad thing to get on those. You'll never get it out. Check the detailing sights, they have something that you can wash microfiber with. And, only on cold with a cool dryer. Anyway, glad to see that you keep yourself out of what sounds like it could be a dark place and I hope you didn't take any of this as negative. It's all meant to help you do something you enjoy, better.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:04 AM
RenGen
Banned

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
The shine you see isn't from the wax but from the detailer polishing out the paint. The wax is only to protect the paint. As for the touchless car wash, no. Just, no. They always leave a layer
Lotta people say this and I agree in theory, but I notice a night and day difference when I wax my car after washing as opposed to just a wash + dry. Even my friends and family can tell when I've waxed and say "wow it looks so shiny and nice!"