Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

whats the best wax

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:10 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

I started out using Turtle Wax & Turtle Wax Ice regularly. A few years ago, having used up what I had, I decided to try Meguiar’s Gold Class, which was on sale. It was easier to use and gave a richer luster. It was so much better, I don’t think the sale price of another brand could pull me away now.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:15 AM
Roadmister

Ive had good luck with the Canuba based McGuire product & the spray wipe stuff. Two tips. 1. Don't wax in direct sunlight. 2. After the wax when car gets dirty, assuming light dirt. Hand washing with a mild detergent actual car wash that takes off the dirt and leaves most of your wax. Self serv & automatic car wash places use a very high grease cutter product for maximum clean, stripping your wax also.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:38 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Just used some stuff I got called Black Mamba from place called majestic solutions, but before I used my new sunjoe electric pressure washer with boat and car soap in one tank and distilled water from Walmart in the other, ,the car came out great no spots.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Wet Obsession Wax. Super easy to put on and effortless to remove with no residue.

http://stores.theragshack.com/wet-ob...n-paste-wax-1/ Enter rag10 in coupon box at checkout to get 10% off.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:31 AM
Steelhounds

I've heard a lot of positive things about Adams products
Old 01-04-2017, 10:00 PM
dochawk
1st Gear Member

I keep a bag in my trunk, and at gas stations, clean with a rinselSes wash, and try to wax a few panels a week with meguire's ultimate liquid. I also polish with meguire's from time to time.

This is for my '97 Eldorado Touring Coupe. I'll have to adjust for my wife's mustang, as it's black and still needs some paint repaired, as it's mostly black (but with silver "custom" paint), and will want different products. But I'll use largely the same on my midnight blue miata once I get an engine back into it, and probably for my '72 Eldorado convertible (once I decide on a color).

doc
Old 02-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Jekyl

when i wax i sometimes get white marks on the plastic. someone told me thats from cheap wax. is that true? i use meguires tech yellow. how do you guys avoid this? and what products should i use to restore the plastic finish?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM
detail98

I do a good bit of detailing and when customers ask what wax they should use I never hesitate to recommend Meguiar's. Mother's and Griot's Garage are also good for OTC waxes. White marks on plastic does not necessarily mean that it's a cheap wax. I've used cheap waxes that don't stain trim and expensive waxes that do. As far as for how to avoid it, you could tape off all trim with painter's tape before you start or just be more careful when waxing to not bump into the trim. You could also just you a different wax that won't stain trim. IIRC, Meguiars ultimate wax doesn't stain, and some people even use it to dress their trim. To fix it you could try a good all purpose cleaner (I use Meguiars but it's not available OTC) and then a good plastic dressing.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:50 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Juztang
Wet Obsession Wax. Super easy to put on and effortless to remove with no residue.

http://stores.theragshack.com/wet-ob...n-paste-wax-1/ Enter rag10 in coupon box at checkout to get 10% off.
Guys, this wax is no longer available....anyone know what from Justin's arsenal replaced it?
Old 08-25-2019, 09:10 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TPony
Guys, this wax is no longer available....anyone know what from Justin's arsenal replaced it?
I use the Dr Beasley’s Plasma Coat instead of Wet Obsession. The looks are really close but it will last up to a year. Application is super easy too.

Quick Reply: whats the best wax