Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

FoMoCo Hood Scoop on S550

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 06:53 AM
ronemca

Smile FoMoCo Hood Scoop on S550

https://accessories.ford.com/scoop-asy-hood-11503.html

I like it. I like it very, VERY much. And/but I am hoping somebody has installed one, and can therefore tell me:

i) is it an easy install?
ii) any regrets?
iii) any signs of fading? (how long has it been on?)
iv) do you think it would be removable for re-sale before getting rid of the car?
v) any suggestions on a source for a better price? (the best I've found is around $299 which - for my budget - is a bit dear for this caliber of item

Any other feedback?

Many thanks!

P.S.:
If by chance there is a member who works somewhere that could perhaps save me some $$ on something like this...I would be very pleased to receive a PM from you. And I would find a way to make it worth your while.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:54 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

That only installs with tape. I have the roush scoop and even with bolts drilled thru the hood. The hood scoop doesn't stay flush with the hood.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:52 PM
ronemca

Really?! Hmm. Please elaborate; in what area(s) and to what degree is the fit unsatisfactory? Can you see a gap along the front? Along one or both of the edges that sit parallel & inboard of the character lines on the hood?
Old 12-01-2016, 04:52 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

The hood scoop wants to lift at the back & the front. The scoop doesn't follow the conture of the hood. It's a straight piece and the hood is straight.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:40 AM
ronemca

(no offense intended - I am just trying to understand)
Is there any chance one or more of the bolt(s) are too tight? I can see how that would cause an edge to rise up slightly due to a bolt pulling down with excessive force(?)

Would you be willing to post a pic, please & thank you? You have raised a significant point, and I would like to learn everything I can before making ANY decision!
Old 12-02-2016, 06:38 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

No it's a design flaw. Roush sent out a fix involving washers and a much longer nut for the front and back of the spoiler. It still doesn't pull them down correctly. If I had to do it all over again. I'd just buy a cervini or accufab complete hood.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:48 AM
ronemca

I see! Well - that is eye-opening, for sure. Thank you for sharing that info, Sir!
Old 12-13-2016, 09:00 PM
ronemca

I ended up trying to orchestrate a GB for the FoMoCo hood scoop, quarter window scoops and side scoops here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70587

Essentially my efforts failed because I was unsuccessful in securing any sort of discount on the parts.

Last edited by ronemca; 09-15-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Erik Harmon

Has anyone ever seen one of these made to be functional? Otherwise, besides the obvious styling benefit, all you get is wind resistance.
To be clear, they look sick, I would like them more if they did something though....