Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Runs good then sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Chaostang17

Default Runs good then sluggish

Showed a misfire on cyclinder 7 with a CEL. Changed plug and tested COP's resistance on both Primary and Secondary sides and they were in spec. I'm running NGK Iridium plugs gapped at .054 when I pulled them out they were at a gap of .060 to .061. I regapped them and swapped 7 and 8 COP to see a difference. The next day it stalled again and gave the same code. I ohm checked the fuel injectors and they are at 13.2 ohms which is right. I am running 24 lbs injectors and MSD COPs. I went this Saturday and did a fuel sys treatment to see if that would help burnout any carbon deposites that might be in the fuel rails. It's running better but after the car warms up I still get a Crackling sound when I accelerate hard in the gears. Is that normal for the type of Plugs and COP's? The idle is better and doesn't stall, but I feel that I'm getting the power out of it that I should. Plus I get a bad hickup and it can happen on any gear, like someone tapped the brake hard for a split second. What might that be?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:33 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chaostang17
Showed a misfire on cyclinder 7 with a CEL. Changed plug and tested COP's resistance on both Primary and Secondary sides and they were in spec. I'm running NGK Iridium plugs gapped at .054 when I pulled them out they were at a gap of .060 to .061. I regapped them and swapped 7 and 8 COP to see a difference. The next day it stalled again and gave the same code. I ohm checked the fuel injectors and they are at 13.2 ohms which is right. I am running 24 lbs injectors and MSD COPs. I went this Saturday and did a fuel sys treatment to see if that would help burnout any carbon deposites that might be in the fuel rails. It's running better but after the car warms up I still get a Crackling sound when I accelerate hard in the gears. Is that normal for the type of Plugs and COP's? The idle is better and doesn't stall, but I feel that I'm getting the power out of it that I should. Plus I get a bad hickup and it can happen on any gear, like someone tapped the brake hard for a split second. What might that be?
I always like to keep things simple and go back to basics. Have you checked your throttle body for Carbon build up. Just a thought!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Chaostang17

No I haven't. Since running the 2 part Injectore cleaner system it sems to be running a lot better and theirs no hesitation in acceleration. I do still get a sudden hick up and it happens in any gear. I have thought about shooting a little of carb cleaner in the breather to see if that helps clean it. I'm taking it to a tuner pro tomorrow and see if he finds anything out of the ordinary.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:52 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Default ????

Originally Posted by Chaostang17
No I haven't. Since running the 2 part Injectore cleaner system it sems to be running a lot better and theirs no hesitation in acceleration. I do still get a sudden hick up and it happens in any gear. I have thought about shooting a little of carb cleaner in the breather to see if that helps clean it. I'm taking it to a tuner pro tomorrow and see if he finds anything out of the ordinary.

Let me know how you make out!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

How did you make out with your car today!