Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Your Mustang Story

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Default Your Mustang Story

To All,

We all have a passion for Mustang's. Please share your story and memories of how and when you became involved with Mustang's.

My first experience was at the 1964 World's Fair at the Ford pavilion where we were taken through the exhibit in 64-1/2" convertibles and I was 8 years old.

My next experience happened about 4 years later when a neighbor of mine purchased a 1968 GT500KR vert. I would stare at that car all the time an knew one day when I got my license that's what I would be driving. Well, at least close to that. So, in June of 73 I received my license and promptly purchased a 1968 GT. It wasn't exactly the 500KR I was dreaming about but, it worked for me. Over the years I have owned and restored several Mustang's, none of which I still own. During the years of raising a family, there were no Mustang's in the garage for obvious reasons. When Ford reintroduced the 2005 Mustang, my love affair with Mustang's was reignited. In June 05 I purchased a Sonic Blue Roush Vert. and with the kids now gone, I can be a kid again as well.

Tell us your story!

Regards to All - ShakenRoush05
Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

Well my mustang was the fourth vehicle that I have owned. I started out with a 1988 ranger then a 92 Eddie Bower Bronco then I had a 93 3000gt for a few months then found the stang. Been working on it ever since.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

I had just turned 15 and my dad and I went down to Palm Bay Ford to look around, nothing serious. I spotted a silver V6 Mustang on the lot, and fell in love. The next thing I knew, that car was in my driveway. I learned how to drive with that car, did some minor mods to it, was in a car club with it. Sold it when I graduated High School back in May of this year.
Just bought my second car: 2001 Mustang GT 5 spd. Has some mods done to it. Custom paint. I love it. The main reason I kept in the Mustang family was because of the MustangForums group of people and how they make it addicting.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

For my HS graduation present to me from me I knew I wanted a pony car, I just didnt know which one. On the way to the Pontiac dealership to check out the firebird, my mom and me passed 5 camaros, 2 firebirds, and 0 mustangs on the side of the road with hoods up (these were fairly new cars too). Right then I decide I was gonna get a mustang. Headed over to the Ford dealership and spotted a brand new blue v6 with no options on the lot, 4hrs later said car was sitting in the garage at home. 4 yrs later and not a single problem I had an accident with my car not of my doing. Instead of taking the insurance money and junking the car, I fought with to keep the car and fixed it myself with the insurance check. Fast forward another 5 yrs to my second accident with the veh (this one my fault), this time I had to to get another car, although the 2000 is sitting in the garage slowly getting fixed. After having zero mechanical problems with my first, I immediatley set out for another mustang, specifically a 2010 v6. After going from stealership to stealership with no luck I happened upon a deal to good to pass up on a ccertified pre owner 2008 premium GTwith 6800 miles on it. This lead to my second mustang. After driving the GT for a year and trying to fix my v6 my GF saw how much fun I was having with the car she traded her cobalt in and we bought new 2010 GT. Because my upcoming schedule which will have me driving over 400 miles a wk, I decide to look for a DD beater as to keep the miles off my GT. So I bought what else, a mustang, Specifically, a 4 cyl. Ironically, all 4 mustangs have been bought during the same month as the release of the very first 1964 1/2 mustang, April.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Just wondering why you haven't named your 2010 yet????
Old 08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShakenRoush05
Just wondering why you haven't named your 2010 yet????
Easy answer-- Not really my car, my names on the paperwork and title but Im not paying for it.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:20 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I've had at least one Mustang in my ownership since I was in high school (mid 90's).

A Mustang was all I ever wanted growing up. When I was old enough to drive, I dropped my life savings on a black 1981 T Top hatch. Went to an '82 hatch during my Senior year of HS. Picked up my first fuel injected V8 in college - 1990 GT vert (red with white top). Poured every last penny into that car. It was totalled in a hit and run when I lived in Dallas. I rebuilt it, and it was stolen. Replaced it with a 1993 GT vert (triple black) with a nicely built 347 under the hood. Bought my 2000 Roush as a daily in 2002 so I could drag the '93. Wrecked the '93 and started to race the Roush. Picked up a chrome yellow '93 5.0 LX vert and DD it. The 1970 Mach 1 was bought new buy my uncle. It was his daily driver until it was stored years ago (for far too long). I took over and turned it into a nice show car/cruiser. Picked up a 1990 5.0L LX hatch to daily drive in MN after my Roush was stripped. Sold it while hanging onto the Roush.

Right now I'm working on getting another rare Roush delivered to my collection. Pics will be posted once it happens. I think the white M112'd V6 will look good along side a black M112'd V8.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

So much to do, so little time. Quite the collection of cars...
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I like to be diverse
SOHC 4.6L will be next to play with. I'm over playing with pushrods.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: Your Mustang Story