Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Bama Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 AM
spoucher

Default Bama Tuning

I'm new to the Forum but I wanted to let everyone know something. I have a 2011 GT500. I've added some things to the car and purchased an SCT Tuner from American Muscle. I've allowed Bama Tuning to provide free lifetime tunes for every improvement I've made. Recently I added a JLT 127mm CAI to my car and asked Bama for the tunes. They sent me a tune and the car ran terribble. I would tell them and they would send another with the same result. I even did Live Links with my computer and sent them the info. After 10 tunes they still couldn't get it right. I contacted Justin Starkey at VMP tuning in DeLand, Florida and asked him for help. Within 5 minutes I had a tune that solved the problem. I can't believe that a huge corporation like American Muscle has a tuning department that can't tune a car. I had to spend 200.00 for the tune but I'm happy. Stay away from Bama. If you have a GT500 go to VMP as he's the best.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

So what was their response when they couldn't fix it on the 10th time?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
jampony06

I have had nothing but Great Tunes from Bama. I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by spoucher
I'm new to the Forum but I wanted to let everyone know something. I have a 2011 GT500. I've added some things to the car and purchased an SCT Tuner from American Muscle. I've allowed Bama Tuning to provide free lifetime tunes for every improvement I've made. Recently I added a JLT 127mm CAI to my car and asked Bama for the tunes. They sent me a tune and the car ran terribble. I would tell them and they would send another with the same result. I even did Live Links with my computer and sent them the info. After 10 tunes they still couldn't get it right. I contacted Justin Starkey at VMP tuning in DeLand, Florida and asked him for help. Within 5 minutes I had a tune that solved the problem. I can't believe that a huge corporation like American Muscle has a tuning department that can't tune a car. I had to spend 200.00 for the tune but I'm happy. Stay away from Bama. If you have a GT500 go to VMP as he's the best.
So what exactly did VMP do differently than American Muscle? What parameter was incorrect on the Bama tune that VMP resolved? Facts would help.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by spoucher
I'm sorry to hear about this. We tune tons of GT500's every single day. We actually owned a 2011 GT500 SVT Performance package as our R&D car, and have had quite a few local 2011+ GT500's on the dyno for testing. We send them all over the country with great results.

I know Mike Wilson has contacted you about getting you squared away. He thinks that there's something in your particular PCM code that is causing an issue with our files. He's going to get it squared away and you should be set to go! I think you'll be really happy with the tunes after Mike diagnoses and fixes the issue. Sounds like he's already pretty much done...

Report back and let us know how it goes!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 AM
spoucher

Originally Posted by jampony06
I have had nothing but Great Tunes from Bama. I would recommend them to anyone.
Yeah so have I until now. Mike Wilson did contact me from Bama yesterday and he's going to try and make it right. He's going to refund the 200.00 I had to spend for the VMP tune and he's going to try and get the tune right for my car. I'm hoping that Bama can do it.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 AM
spoucher

Don't know what VMP did differently, Justin didn't say but his tune worked and the 10 from Bama didn't.