Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Insurance experiences in South Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Default Insurance experiences in South Florida?

I have been with state farm for almost 40 years. No moving violations, no accidents. In other words, a perfect driving record. I've shopped around and I can save a LOT of cash with almost every other company out there, but never having had an accident, I don't even know how state farm's customer service is. I think the concensus is that it's pretty good, at least that's what my dad always told me, he also said "just don't try to nickle and dime them to death", which I certainly have not! Has anyone out there had any experience with how companies other than state farm handle claims? I know this isn't as sexy as superchargers and tuners and stuff like that, but if I can save some money maybe I can afford some of those cool mods! Thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 PM
chasem167

Geico has been fine for me i only pay 100 a month full coverage im 28 so thats decent on a 2012 5.0.

Been about ten years since ive had a claim with them was all handled nicely wasnt my fault kid hit me and the time before same thing my insurance is still low and never had any real complaints about them.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Silver_Stang_05
1st Gear Member

I have been using Geico for about 12 years. In that time I have had 3 claims. All handled quickly and without incident. With Geico they have shops that are express. Which means all Geico claims go to the head of the line. There's an adjuster on site that handles everything and calls every few days with an update. I have three vehicles on my policy and pay $370 per month. At one time I received a qoute from another company, called Geico and asked if they could make the quote or I would cancel my policy, they matched the lesser quote. The amount I pay full coverage on all vehicles I'm ok with, but it's the customer service I receive that keeps me with Geico.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:24 AM
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

If you can save with Allstate or Geico their customer service is pretty good. State Farm is top notch though so ask about lowering your rates. May also be worth noting that state farm has basically pulled out of South Florida (homeowners) so their presence may not be what it once was.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Well this didn't turn out like I imagined. I decided to pull the trigger and ask for some quotes, and it turns out EVERYONE was more expensive than State Farm. How could this be? I didn't know the insurance companies were now doing CREDIT CHECKS. And my problem is not really bad credit, but a lack of credit! So screw 'em. I'm sticking with State Farm.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

I don't get the credit check BS myself..... seriously, I think that should be illegal. You have a credit problem.... it doesn't matter.... how deep you're in financially, certain things ALWAYS get paid. Car Insurance is right behind rent... after all, one needs (in most cases) t DRIVE to get to work.

To me, it's just another lame excuse for them to hike your rates.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Callinectes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boneman
To me, it's just another lame excuse for them to hike your rates.
My thoughts exactly. And to top it all off, I got a statement from State Farm last week LOWERING my premium 7 bucks a month. I don't know if the word got out that I was shopping around, but whatever the reason, I'm grateful!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Callinectes
I have been with state farm for almost 40 years. No moving violations, no accidents. In other words, a perfect driving record. I've shopped around and I can save a LOT of cash with almost every other company out there, but never having had an accident, I don't even know how state farm's customer service is. I think the concensus is that it's pretty good, at least that's what my dad always told me, he also said "just don't try to nickle and dime them to death", which I certainly have not! Has anyone out there had any experience with how companies other than state farm handle claims? I know this isn't as sexy as superchargers and tuners and stuff like that, but if I can save some money maybe I can afford some of those cool mods! Thanks.
I work for State Farm, seriously the best claims service available. Call your agent if you have any questions. Our customer service is great. As of 6-25-12 there was a rate reduction for most regions. You tell me what other company is having reductions in the state of FL...
Old 07-10-2012, 04:20 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Callinectes
Well this didn't turn out like I imagined. I decided to pull the trigger and ask for some quotes, and it turns out EVERYONE was more expensive than State Farm. How could this be? I didn't know the insurance companies were now doing CREDIT CHECKS. And my problem is not really bad credit, but a lack of credit! So screw 'em. I'm sticking with State Farm.
I've had state farm for probably 25 years. My first claims with them were last year after a hail storm. 2 cars and a roof.....

They took good care of me. Made everything good again.

Biggest surprise was at renewal, my rates actually went down after that big payout.

No complaints

Last edited by potman; 07-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.