Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > MustangForums.com Regional Chapters > Florida Regional Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Callinectes

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Default Insurance experiences in South Florida?

I have been with state farm for almost 40 years. No moving violations, no accidents. In other words, a perfect driving record. I've shopped around and I can save a LOT of cash with almost every other company out there, but never having had an accident, I don't even know how state farm's customer service is. I think the concensus is that it's pretty good, at least that's what my dad always told me, he also said "just don't try to nickle and dime them to death", which I certainly have not! Has anyone out there had any experience with how companies other than state farm handle claims? I know this isn't as sexy as superchargers and tuners and stuff like that, but if I can save some money maybe I can afford some of those cool mods! Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Callinectes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
chasem167

Vehicle: 2012 GT Premium

Geico has been fine for me i only pay 100 a month full coverage im 28 so thats decent on a 2012 5.0.

Been about ten years since ive had a claim with them was all handled nicely wasnt my fault kid hit me and the time before same thing my insurance is still low and never had any real complaints about them.
chasem167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Silver_Stang_05
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005, Mustang, Roush

I have been using Geico for about 12 years. In that time I have had 3 claims. All handled quickly and without incident. With Geico they have shops that are express. Which means all Geico claims go to the head of the line. There's an adjuster on site that handles everything and calls every few days with an update. I have three vehicles on my policy and pay $370 per month. At one time I received a qoute from another company, called Geico and asked if they could make the quote or I would cancel my policy, they matched the lesser quote. The amount I pay full coverage on all vehicles I'm ok with, but it's the customer service I receive that keeps me with Geico.
2005 Roush Stage 1 - K&N Intake - Painted Calipers - 18% Charcoal Tint side/back - 70% Solar Tint Windshield - Pypes X-Pipe - Gutted Cats - Strut Tower Bar - Sr Performance Lowering Springs - BBR Adjustable Panhard Bar - 18x10 Bullitt Rims 285/18 Michelin Pilot Sport

"Using a universal with a deep socket blindly is like sex in high school, you're never really sure if you're in there, when you do get in you keep slipping out and your surprised when you get your nut so quickly"
Silver_Stang_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

If you can save with Allstate or Geico their customer service is pretty good. State Farm is top notch though so ask about lowering your rates. May also be worth noting that state farm has basically pulled out of South Florida (homeowners) so their presence may not be what it once was.

2013 Mustang GT
Sterling Gray
Brembo Brakes
3.73 Gears

2006 Mustang GT - Sold
TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
Callinectes

Well this didn't turn out like I imagined. I decided to pull the trigger and ask for some quotes, and it turns out EVERYONE was more expensive than State Farm. How could this be? I didn't know the insurance companies were now doing CREDIT CHECKS. And my problem is not really bad credit, but a lack of credit! So screw 'em. I'm sticking with State Farm.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang Premium
Send a message via AIM to Boneman Send a message via Yahoo to Boneman

I don't get the credit check BS myself..... seriously, I think that should be illegal. You have a credit problem.... it doesn't matter.... how deep you're in financially, certain things ALWAYS get paid. Car Insurance is right behind rent... after all, one needs (in most cases) t DRIVE to get to work.

To me, it's just another lame excuse for them to hike your rates.

Later!!!

Boneman
05 "Premium": SCT Tuned, X-pype duals with NTO GT mufflers, K&N Air Filter, De-Schnorkeled airbox, NTO Rear Sway Bar
Cape Coral, FL
Boneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Callinectes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman View Post
To me, it's just another lame excuse for them to hike your rates.
My thoughts exactly. And to top it all off, I got a statement from State Farm last week LOWERING my premium 7 bucks a month. I don't know if the word got out that I was shopping around, but whatever the reason, I'm grateful!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 FORD MUSTANG GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
I have been with state farm for almost 40 years. No moving violations, no accidents. In other words, a perfect driving record. I've shopped around and I can save a LOT of cash with almost every other company out there, but never having had an accident, I don't even know how state farm's customer service is. I think the concensus is that it's pretty good, at least that's what my dad always told me, he also said "just don't try to nickle and dime them to death", which I certainly have not! Has anyone out there had any experience with how companies other than state farm handle claims? I know this isn't as sexy as superchargers and tuners and stuff like that, but if I can save some money maybe I can afford some of those cool mods! Thanks.
I work for State Farm, seriously the best claims service available. Call your agent if you have any questions. Our customer service is great. As of 6-25-12 there was a rate reduction for most regions. You tell me what other company is having reductions in the state of FL...
Warrio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
potman
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
Well this didn't turn out like I imagined. I decided to pull the trigger and ask for some quotes, and it turns out EVERYONE was more expensive than State Farm. How could this be? I didn't know the insurance companies were now doing CREDIT CHECKS. And my problem is not really bad credit, but a lack of credit! So screw 'em. I'm sticking with State Farm.
I've had state farm for probably 25 years. My first claims with them were last year after a hail storm. 2 cars and a roof.....

They took good care of me. Made everything good again.

Biggest surprise was at renewal, my rates actually went down after that big payout.

No complaints

Last edited by potman; 07-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
potman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, auto, florida, forum, gt, home, insurance, mustang, southfloridaford