Florida Regional Chapter Chapter President: ShakenRoush05

Anyone from the Northeast Central FL area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Black 05 Stang

Originally Posted by 5.0Yeah!
Hey Black05Stang, and other members in my area, if you guys need any help with your rides I would be more than happy to help you out.
That would be awesome, i actually bought a dodge nitro instead for the time being im just going to flip this car. Im always on the look out for a nice fox. They are definatly hard to find.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:34 AM
5.0Yeah!
1st Gear Member

The best thing to do is to find a project that has no through body rust, maybe that does not run, and put it together slowly. That is the most economical and rewarding way to go.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:34 AM
FLGator

Hi all. This forum is one I have been neglecting. Since I sold my 06 GT and got a new Boss I have been over the BMO forum for the most part. I too am in G'ville and go to Ocala, Tampa, and Jacksonville. Gainesville has an eclectic car group, Gainesville Street Rods. Even when I had the 06 it was generally the newest car there. Ocala has an MCA club as do Tampa and Jacksonville. A non-MCA club in Jacksonville, Modern Mustangs of Jacksonville (MMJAX) is a pretty good bunch.

I have not checked into the Daytona area, but Jacksonville has three mustang related groups and several other makes and some generic car clubs. Tampa and Orlando also have a number of car clubs. There are also Steeda and Brothers auto shops/retailers that host events a couple of times a year.

The big Mustang/Ford events in Florida are the All Ford show, in January, hosted by NPD and have been held at Silver Springs (this is up in the air right now). In April is the Mustangs and Mustangs - Legends having Fun, put on by the Imperial Mustangs of Polk County at Fantasy of Flight in Polk City. In the Spring and Fall there is a general car show hosted at Castro Farms - Ocala Pumpkin Run (Horsepower in Horse Country). There is a major Mustang event hosted by the Mustang Club of Tampa, but I don't have that info available right now.

There is a magazine, "Mike Kelly's Cruise News" that lists daily cruise-ins and weekend events. The magazines are generally free at the cruise-ins and available by subscription. He does host a web site, but it does not have event listing on the site. He does have a listings of car clubs so you can check that out. Click here

Hopefully this will get you started. Enjoy.

Last edited by FLGator; 06-16-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Zevox

Figured I would check in from the Palatka area. I know St. Augustine has a car club that meets once a month. Everything from kids in fast(for a truck) trucks to cars running in the 9's/10's.

I would really like to get to the track in Gainesville some time this summer. Never found time to take my truck and regret it. If any of you know of a cool T&T event in G-ville happening keep me in mind.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:16 AM
FLGator

Zevox, They are having a T&T tonight starts at 8PM. Here is a link to Auto Plus Raceway (new name for Gainesville Raceway). For info on future dates just click on the "Schedule".

I understand the South Georgia Motorsports Park is a much better track. Gainesville does not do a very good job of prepping unless it is an NHRA sanctioned event. I heard of a new 1/8 mile track in Green Cove Springs and what I am hearing is all positive.

Last edited by FLGator; 02-17-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Zevox

Originally Posted by FLGator
Zevox, They are having a T&T tonight starts at 8PM. Here is a link to Auto Plus Raceway (new name for Gainesville Raceway). For info on future dates just click on the "Schedule".
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm wrapping up with harvest right now so no fun for a few more weeks. When I get a chance to go I'll keep an eye out for you and your car.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:15 AM
FLGator

Let me know when you head over to the strip. I am more of the "corner carver" sort, but I do enjoy going to the drags.

Not being able to make it last night may have been for the best. A major thunderstorm came through just about the time they were to open the gates and I left. I suspect that it was rained out. That cell dropped a lot of rain and it lasted quite awhile. I would be surprised if they were able to prep the track.

Last edited by FLGator; 06-15-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:41 PM
cashbgtp97

i'm up in jacksonville if anyone in the area wants to meet up. i'm car-sitting for a buddy who deployed and could use some help with his 67 coupe.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:44 AM
CDR1979

Default Jacksonville

Anyone from jacksonville
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 AM
CDR1979

Default Jacksonville

Where do people go to hang out and race

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Northeast Central FL area?