View Full Version : I can start my car without a key....

Moparman87
10-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Yeah I parked at a friends house last night took they keys inside and 1 of my friends is waiting in the car and I hear it start up... I was like "oh **** I broke my key off!!!" but nope it was still on my ring.... What the hell should I do besides lock my doors everytime I get out?

03YellowPony
10-31-2005, 02:37 AM
ORIGINAL: MoparMan87

Yeah I parked at a friends house last night took they keys inside and 1 of my friends is waiting in the car and I hear it start up... I was like "oh **** I broke my key off!!!" but nope it was still on my ring.... What the hell should I do besides lock my doors everytime I get out?

Change the ignition key lock cylinder

JJones_86
10-31-2005, 04:20 AM
Give me your address?

nathansmith50
10-31-2005, 09:05 AM
GM's have a knack for doing that......that and being able to remove the keys once started with it.

three of my friend bill's cars did that.

a 79 regal, an 80 something delta88, and a 97 saturn.

HC_CrAzYHoRsE
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
i have a kill switch hidden in the car ...best defense system if you ask me. nobody's going anywhere with my car unless they have a flatbed.

95StangCobra
10-31-2005, 11:51 AM

I have the same problem on my stang, i just got a kill switch and i put a clutch lock. WIthout stepping on the clutch =No starting the car!!! Yea i know it would of been easier to just change the cylinder, but i just tried to go around it. The great thing about this, is that you can leave your car on and still have use if your keys.

mustang_montana
10-31-2005, 12:13 PM
i think having to punch in a code to start our car would be sweet, like in the movie transporter.

redass02gt
10-31-2005, 04:44 PM

go **** yourself

bwaaahahahaha

Derf00
10-31-2005, 04:49 PM
ORIGINAL: redass02gt

go **** yourself

bwaaahahahaha

That was lame red.... :eek:

MikeHawke
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
ORIGINAL: nathansmith50

GM's have a knack for doing that......that and being able to remove the keys once started with it.

three of my friend bill's cars did that.

a 79 regal, an 80 something delta88, and a 97 saturn.

definitely a GM thing, especially on the cars from the 80s. All my camaros used to do that.

88BlueGT
10-31-2005, 06:06 PM
My mustang does that also, I have to mess with it for a couple seconds and than it will lock up.

whitestanggt
10-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Do you have the chip in the key cause I can't start my car without it? even with a copy of the key I can't start my car it needs that chip.