Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Site issues since the overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Default Site issues since the overhaul

Ever since the overhaul, this site has been waaay slooow to load or pages just stop, i dont get any errors, they just stop loading. While watching the status bar at the bottom where the website addys show, pages jump back and forth while loading. It as if the site cant decide what it wants to do. When clicking reply, sometimes the page loads slow or wont load at all. The only thing that works is the back button, hitting refresh (just once) does nothing. Same when clicking a new thread, even a thread in another section of the forum. A few times the status bar at the lower right wont even start loading, its just a blank white screen which to me, means the site isnt even responding. Ive left it go a few times for 3 minutes and nothing happens. Its a mess.

Other Vbulletin boards seem to work just fine tho. I only belong to one other and merely visit another.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Its been fine for me since about the 2nd day after the upgrade
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
Its been fine for me since about the 2nd day after the upgrade
My subscription email notices don't work even though I have them set on instant. Is this a common problem or is it just me? I've asked several times but got no answer.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I dont think the emails are being sent at this point.....i havent tried though
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Hmmm, it's not good is it boys.

I have some concerns myself, the most significant being one of speed. 45 seconds to open this thread. Count 'em. it's a long time. Sometimes I don't get a response at all and have to reload the page and click again on a thread to open.

With all the loyalty in the world behind the site, this will drive people away. I've drastically reduced my time on the site and also my posting of late (perhaps a good thing? lol) and it's going to get less and less for sure unless things get faster. It's infuriating.

Other than that, I still didn't find out how to add smileys etc from the advanced posting box.

For the looks of the site, I don't like it, but then it's change and we all resist change to some point right ?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Im now needing to hit refresh and then back and refresh again at times to get a page to load which has taken as long as a full minute or more. Even on dial-up, thats ridiculous. A few times ive had to keep going back to the main page and then the thread i want will work on the next try. Sometimes it just sits there.

The other VBulletin board i belong to is Hobbytalk. At the moment its using version 3.6.8 and works well. Even on dial-up, pages load within 5 seconds. Just noticed MF is using 3.7.1, newer, but slower. Hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

Out of curiousity, how many forums are on the same VBulletin server?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Just adding my feedback concerning extremely long load times, it's unacceptable.

I happened to try using a web proxy one day and found the load time sped up. What I noticed is the web proxy stopped the ads from loading. This made for waaay faster load times.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Yep I agree super super slow to load pages. It is averaging from 30-60 seconds to get a page to load. Absolutely ridiculous.

My guess is all the active ads are slowing things down considerably. I also undersatnd you need ads to keep the site running but when it take this long to load pages soon no one will be here so the ads won't matter anyway.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Page loads are no problem at all with my 15mb/s down speed but like others, I'm not getting my "instant notification" (or any notification!) emails, no PM notifications and no emoticons.

But the search function works. Sounds like my job in IT, fix one problem and it breaks 10 others...

wassup?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Cancel the "instant" email notification gripe. I just got a notification some 20 minutes after a reply. sloooowwwww.

Still no pm notifications.

Quick Reply: Site issues since the overhaul