Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Forum Issues and Feedback
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
Demon 340
Administrator

Vehicle: 1972 Dodge Demon 340
Send a message via AIM to Demon 340
Default Why can't I post in certain sections? Are you a new member?

We have implemented a new layout here, and part of that is our new member system. We had been having a problem with trolls plaguing our street & strip, off topic, and classified areas, so we now require a new member to spend 30 days and make 50 posts here on MF before you will have access to the aforementioned sections. Once you have been here for 30 days and have made 50 posts, you will have full access to the site.

While this may seem unusual, as you spend time here on MF, you will see the benefit of doing this to help keep trash and trolls off the forum.

Thank you for your time.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

An old sig as a tribute to a fallen friend. RIP Alex.
Demon 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
Chevelle Man
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 & 1969 Chevelle SS, + 2010 Camaro SS RS

We call them lurkers over at Team Chevelle... anyway this is # 46... 4 to go

Chevelle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
BOOSTED92GT

Vehicle: 1992 Mustang lx/gt

ahh good thing i found this thread...
Old 09-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #4
gt_500

I am also new on the site, and more of a reader, I have 2 blower systems i am looking to sell, along with possibly more parts and piece, but i dont just wnat to rack up spam posts in order to be able to add it to the classified section, any way around this?
4.10 gears
Tokiko shocks
Centerforce Clutch and pressure plate
B&M Short throw shifter
Zex wet shot nitrous system
gt_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjohnson;5480135[B
]noboby answers members problems.[/B] Still can't post attachments after two 1/2 years in this forum. I have my +50 posts. Better get fixed or screw this forum.
That's right, and all the threads below this one with replies from moderators are just nothing at all, are they?
Old 09-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang!!!!

............I have also noticed that we are "banned" from looking at attached images as well?

2008 Black Sixxer
1998 Crystal White Cobra
grindman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
bwkelley76
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 GT500 Fastback
Default 30 days? Glad I looked here I guess. ..Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Of The Month View Post
we now require a new member to spend 30 days and make 50 posts here on MF before you will have access to the aforementioned sections. Once you have been here for 30 days and have made 50 posts, you will have full access to the site.
It would help if the Classified forum rules stated the 30-days part. Currently it only mentions the 50 posts and that's it.

I appreciate the goal here, and it's unfortunate that scammers have taken away the rights of the honest to post at will. I just bought a 65 coupe that needs a TON of parts and I was going to post a want ad for the specifics that I needed. I think you guys might be pullin the reigns a bit tight here on the 30 days but I do understand the 50 posts part.

I really would like to get this thing on the road and I trust Forums way more than eBay.

A few ideas, I've yet to see a regional classifieds forum on any boards. That would be an awesome idea. Some forums ask for a membership fee before you can post, but allow you to post immediately upon payment. I wonder if that would work. example, "Pay $10 if you want to post a classified now or wait X-amount of time and posts" ..then it's free if you wait. This would give the sight some money and ward off scammers.
bwkelley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang!!!!

+1 for the regional classifieds forum section.

2008 Black Sixxer
1998 Crystal White Cobra
grindman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

this kinda sucks, i lurk around several forums and for me to be so active and make 50 posts and wait 30 days so i can get some tech help on my car sucks :-( I've been around here for a long time.
edgespeeder06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
koolkat13838
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to koolkat13838

wow this sucks, I have been around a few months, but as a student, it is hard to get on and make 50 post just to post a thread in the off topic section or about the pink civic that got dusted by some guy in a f150 at a light (will tell this story after 50 post)
ive heard maaco sucks so i want the absolute best they offer.
koolkat13838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1993, 1999, 38, 50, avdi, forums, lx, mean, mph, mustang, service, sound, tace, thunderbird, ticking, vidi, zensokud1