Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Geez! Heavy Handed Approach!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Geez! Heavy Handed Approach!

Unknowingly... I have posted too large a picture as a signature! In less than 24 hours it seems someone felt I needed to have my ability to post signatures blocked from now on! (Is that correct??) If so... that is a pretty heavy handed way to deal with new members when they make a mistake! Given a reasonable period of time after the warning I would have (& did) remove the picture that was too large! Given the fact that the too large picture was posted for weeks I'm not sure what the panic was in blocking my ability to post signatures & upload pictures! I feel like I'm dealing with the over reaction of Homeland Security or the Airlines here! Blocking me is a little heavy handed & certainly completely unneccessary! I would hope that you can see that... & "remove any blocks on my account as they are unnecessary & overkill!" I am not a member of Al Qaeda needing your restrictions, but rather a retired teacher of 31 years who wouldn't have treated any of my students with such a heavy handed approach! Lighten up, please!

I'd have a signature here, but then... I'm on restriction!

Mr. D

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Dude, it's just a signature. lol
Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
Dude, it's just a signature. lol
I appreciate your comment, but obviously you are taking my serious offense too lightly & not seeing the depth of my depravity... & by the way... Please don't call me "Dude", or use the word "awesome" on my thread! Today the word awesome is for people who don't know any other adjectives... so everything is awesome includingas in getting cheese on your burger is "awesome"! Awesome means: a feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder! (People that say Dude... usually say Awesome!) But back to this awesome issue, Dude...

Don't you realize Franchi, that I posted a picture that was evidently too large as a signature!

By the way... Dude, the size of your signature has be mentioned to the Beloved Leader!

On 10/25 I logged on to the Mustang Forum & there was warning flag on my posts for the first time on that date! So... being the awesome dude that I am who just wants to get along... I immediately removed the offending picture of my awesome Mustang! So, Dude... I thought, I had corrected my mistake & "All's well with the world", but no way Dude... it wasn't! I've evidently become a danger to society & this fine Mustang Forum that I love.... & action needed to be taken to protect the Forum from my too large signatures, action gifs & using HTML... which the last two I've never been involved with! "Action gifs" sound sorta like Gay ****... don't you think, Dude? Evidently, like a felon released from prison who cannot own a fiream.... I cannot not be allowed to have a signature anymore! I had my chance at having the privileges of other new members... & evidently I blew it! I'm in the process of checking to see if I've also been put on Homeland Security's "No Fly List" for this oversized signature offense! All I can hope is that some awesome dude with power & mercy at MustangForums will give me a second chance to have a signature & upload gifs (that I don't even have) & remove the blocks put on my account! Mercy, Mercy... I'll be 70 years old on Dec 1st... so you should be nice to the elderly! (Hey, I took a shot for sympathy!)

In closing... Let my punishment serve as a "Cautionary Tale" of what can happen to other members if they forget to check the size of a signature picture before they post it!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-26-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

As far as I know, they just pulled your huge signature. It won't let you put another one in place?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I was not involved in your signature issues, but I just took a look at your settings:
  1. You did not have anything listed in your signature - no link or any picture added. So I gave you a quick picture to test your settings (which you can now see in the first post of this thread).
  2. Your account options appear to be set up to not include a signature in your post automatically. So you currently have to click the box to attach your signature every time you post. When you check the box, your signature works. You should be able to make that happen automatically if you go into your options under your user control panel.

So there was no conspiracy or heavy-handed moderating going on. You should be fine to change your signature to whatever you want. Just make sure is fits inside the 500x250 parameters.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Your current signature is still too big @ 512px × 384px....
Old 10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Your current signature is still too big @ 512px × 384px....
No, the hacker's signature is too big! Somebody inside your system has a good sense of humor & they are definitely messing with me! I removed my signature completely as soon as I saw the warning message & before my first post in this section yesterday! Someone else posted in a picture of a kitten saying "Whut?" as my signature! I'm not really a kitten guy! It seems my account has been hacked! Call Homeland Security! Pretty funny, actually... but probably not what should be going on at MustangForum!

If you look at the User CP Section - signatures - under my account you will see I have been blocked out of doing a number of things! Given that the blocking was done less than 24 hrs after a warning was put on my posts it seems to be a little bit of heavy handed overkill! To clarify, I repeat... I removed the signature that was too large myself immediately after the first waring flag... not someone at MustangForum. My signature wasn't pulled! I guess I've offended Carroll Shelby by not buying my Mustang from him! Like he needs my money! LOL!

I removed the "hacked" signature put on my account... so let's see what the hacker puts up next! I kind of like the young girl dancing in the bikini!

I'd appreciate it if you would look into it for me & restore my good name & posting privileges!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:03 PM
HRnB
Administrator

I did a test on your account, Mr D. Everything is fine. Just keep your sig pic at 500px wide X 250px tall.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:07 PM
MustangFTW

this guy is awesome.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

So apparently NOBODY read my post??? I am the person who put the kitten picture in his signature to test his settings (which were fine) and said he is able to change his signature.

Quick Reply: Geez! Heavy Handed Approach!