Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

BYE BYE Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Makdaddy

Default BYE BYE Forum

Seems like a shame
But I will be leaving this forum

After several requests from the mods and no answer. !!!!
I keep seeing this message when trying to view pics in the classifieds.
As a new Mustang owner I am looking for mods for my car
But looks like I will spend my Money and do my modding elsewhere

"Makdaddy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
Old 01-29-2012, 12:25 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

You do know you have to have 5o posts before you can access certain things on this site.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

^ what he said...you need to have a certain number of posts before you can do certain things on the site...don't leave the site because of that...
Old 01-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Bye bye...
Old 01-29-2012, 07:44 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

haha lol
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Later. The forum is not just going to let someone on the site that could potentially scam members which is why there is a post limit and time period before you can post in the classifieds. If that's what makes you want to leave than sorry to hear it but you'll get that at almost any 'Stang site. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Why make a thread that you are leaving? Just leave and don't come back if you are leaving, you obviously just want attention.

And what else do you want the mod to say? That pretty much answers your question.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

He says that he is trying to view pics in classifieds, not even post yet. Do you need the 50 posts to even be able to view the section? And is posting a response to someone else's classified the same as creating a new one? Do you require 50 posts before you can even respond in that section? I think these are the kind of things he's trying to get answers for. I, for one, don't find his attitude childish or pissy. He's trying to find out what he needs to be able to view that section, and he hasn't gotten an official answer. Is he supposed to be psychic?

Anyway, sorry you're not having the fun experience you hoped for here. Have fun wherever you end up...
Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
He says that he is trying to view pics in classifieds, not even post yet. Do you need the 50 posts to even be able to view the section? And is posting a response to someone else's classified the same as creating a new one? Do you require 50 posts before you can even respond in that section? I think these are the kind of things he's trying to get answers for. I, for one, don't find his attitude childish or pissy. He's trying to find out what he needs to be able to view that section, and he hasn't gotten an official answer. Is he supposed to be psychic?

Anyway, sorry you're not having the fun experience you hoped for here. Have fun wherever you end up...
If they are having issues viewing attachment pictures in the classifieds, then it means they are able to view that section. New members can post in threads in there too (as Makdaddy has done if you looked at their post history), but they cannot post their own for sale thread nor can they sell anywhere else on the site.

Basically, your questions aren't the same as the OP's question.

That viewing attached picture thing is a restriction to new members but I think that is related to a restriction on not allowing new members the ability to upload files. That is something that is being look at though.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Basically, your questions aren't the same as the OP's question.
Not to start anything, but I pretty much restated his exact question first. Then I expanded on the premise to try to help figure out exactly what permission restrictions are in place for new members, as folks were saying 'you need 50 posts to do certaing things', and I was trying to be more specific on what those certain things are and are not. I feel my questions were related to his, as an expansion of his question. But it doesn't really matter. The second part of his issue was that he couldn't get anyone with authority to look into it. And it seems someone is now looking into it, so mission accomplished.

Quick Reply: BYE BYE Forum