Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Extreme Dimensions 108212 Eleanor bumper problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:27 PM
kocowboy

Default Extreme Dimensions 108212 Eleanor bumper problems

After a whole lot of trimming I have my new bumper where it fits on my 2012 Mustang GT. Question is how do you attach the damn thing? Called ED tech line and they referred me here to this forum. Short of panel bond, I can't figure out how to keep it locked into areas below headlights and front fenders? HELP!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Welcome to the Forums

1) You are posting in the wrong area. This sub forum is specific for problems related to Mustang forums, i.e. can't find something, suggestions for improvements, etc.

2) Not sure why they would refer you to Mustangforums considering that company is not a sponser of ours so they do not have representation here. Not to mention they should be supporting you, not a third party (forums).

3) Didn't the bumper come with instructions and hardware?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

That's pretty crappy that ED wouldn't help you out with their product. But I could have sworn that ED had a section in the vendor area at one time.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 AM
kocowboy

I posted in this forum because it was suggested by ED. It is a Mustang improvement, if I can get it to fit the car. And yes I to thought extreme dim./ duraflex was a sponsor here too?
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 AM
kocowboy

The instructions are extremely vague. Comes with package of screws and bolt but no details as to where or how to use them? At this point I know where I'd like to put them!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

When you took off your stock bumper, did everything from the new bumper (mounting holes, etc...) look anywhere close to the stocker? Or was everything way off?
Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bronxbomba63
When you took off your stock bumper, did everything from the new bumper (mounting holes, etc...) look anywhere close to the stocker? Or was everything way off?
I think the fact he had to trim it, to get it to fit at all, and that there was a bag of hardware with it (if it matched the factory mounting, why include new hardware at all? Just re-use the old stuff) indicates it's not a direct fit.

Not very professional referring a customer with problems to an online forum for help...

kocowboy: Any chance of putting some pictures up? Hard for anyone to give any sort of intelligent advice without being able to see how the parts are configured.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-19-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:17 AM
kocowboy

Default Pics of bumper

Here are the pics of bumper. I will get better pics of problem areas today. Extreme Dimensions 108212 Eleanor bumper problems-image.jpg
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I think the fact he had to trim it, to get it to fit at all, and that there was a bag of hardware with it (if it matched the factory mounting, why include new hardware at all? Just re-use the old stuff) indicates it's not a direct fit.

Not very professional referring a customer with problems to an online forum for help...

kocowboy: Any chance of putting some pictures up? Hard for anyone to give any sort of intelligent advice without being able to see how the parts are configured.
Don't companies for the most part include hardware with their products? Even when it's a direct fit? Like CAI's for example supplying the rubber grommets.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Bumper skins that match the factory attachments generally do not include new hardware.

Quick Reply: Extreme Dimensions 108212 Eleanor bumper problems