Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Garage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

THUMPIN455's "Pit Of Despair" - 1971 Ford Mustang
Pit Of Despair
Owned by THUMPIN455
1971 Ford Mustang Sportsroof

Not rated yet!

Last updated: 02-01-2011, 03:16 PM
User's Posts: 3566
Its one of the rustiest cars I have ever saved. I bought it from a guy I worked with back in 1994, drove it home in Nebraska and parked it. In 2006 I put it on a trailer to get it to Michigan where I live now, and started work on repairing rust. 900+ hours later it is still in bare metal, but at least it resembles a car now.
351C .040" over (probably going to get a stroker kit), 4V heads, Comp Cams 280H, and some BlackJack headers that have been banging around since the late 80s. Its going to be a dedicated E85 engine with high compression and plenty of power.
Doesnt really have a suspension under it, but it will eventually. Probably wont do much other than replace all the stock stuff, add larger swaybars, roller perches, and stiffer springs.
No idea what I will put under this thing, its a ways from deciding that at this point.
Paint, interior, and everything working would be a nice place to start.

Comments and Messages

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors