Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Garage
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

THS_Steed06's "Steed2" - 2006 Ford Mustang
Steed2
Owned by THS_Steed06
2006 Ford Mustang Deluxe

Not rated yet!

Last updated: 04-06-2014, 06:18 PM
User's Posts: 193

Vehicle Photos

Vista blue deluxe V6. I test drove it at Carmax and was really surprised at the torque and performance of this car. I absolutely loved the interior on this car too with the metallic dash inserts against the black and light tan dash and seats. With the paint its really a attractive package. The 5 speed with the 3.31 axle is a sweet set up too, great acceleration and passing power (not brute V8 force though) and good highway mileage at cruise. I can usually get 27-29 on my drive to work if I don't push her too hard which is great for me.

I actually used to have a 2010 GT Premium but the gas mileage killed me as I drive about 450 miles per week for work so I traded it off (18 MPG was NOT working for me!). I wanted to get another Mustang and this one fit the bill.

I also really like the sound of this 4L engine. Having had a 4.6L as my daily driver for a while....there certainly isn't any car on the road that sounds as good as a Mustang V8, hands down. However this V6 has some of that sound built in. I'm not sure how Ford did it but they managed to make the V6 sound pretty darn good...stock even! My boss took a ride with me and couldn't believe it wasn't a v8 (by the sound inside).

I like to consider it the right now Mustang...as ther will be others!
No mods yet, still stock.
None yet.
Upgraded 16" spinner wheels for 2005-2006 17" GT Premium machined wheels (5 split spokes). Nice improvement actually as the car really needed a rolling stock upgrade!
Added sport stripes from 2010 and hood graphics. Concept came from decal package found on Mustang customizer app. I'm very please with it, the hood graphic is customand was made up of six pieces from a rocker panel stripe kit. My car stands out from the crowd.

I also added the obligatory decklid black out panel and chrome exhaust tip. In addition I added my own custom headlight tint and used a pin striping effect on the tail lights to create some squares to set them off. The car definitely has improved stance and presence now that was sorely missing.

UPDATE: Decklid panel caused some tiny rust specs after 1st season so I removed it. Warning to others! Also I did a custom mod of my tailights which gives them a blackout look with perimeter glow for all 6 lenses. They look fantastic at night too.
Planning to add the obligatory CAI and sct tuner. Also really love the sound of the Pypes mid-muffler dual exhaust system. It's the only one I've heard that doesn't make it sound like 350z!

Update: Added the Dynomax 39434 dual exh. System with x-pipe and Airraid CAI combo. This helped her breathe better above 4k and the acceleration above 70 in 3rd definitely pulls harder now.

Comments and Messages

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors