General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

coates heads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Sean97
1st Gear Member

Default RE: coates heads?

Perhaps, he was simply stating what he read and thought it was crazy and asked anyone if they knew about it because he couldn't find any further information on them.

Actually, that is exactly what he asked.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Well anyway you slice it,, those are pretty cool looking heads, even on a 6-8K RPM engine
Old 05-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Arguments scare me
Old 05-04-2006, 02:52 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

Hey quiksvt I know you are challenged so I put a little link for you, call me a liar and your calling them liars
http://coatesengine.com/engine_of_the_future.html
There you go lil feller...... check it if, you cant figure it out, give me a call and I will read it you. And do your self a favor stop prettending that you now $hit cause you dont. Wah wah wah the rotating assembly.. the rotating assembly.... If a rotating assembly is balanced and proportional whether it be a Pratt/Whitney f220 turbo fan jettison motor for an F-15 or a a lawn mower they all have rotating assemblies and there are always ways around obstacles. Let me guess... you bag groceries for living? I know your fresh out of high school and you know everything, but if you calm yourself and stop being so high strung your ***** are never gonna drop. I have a college degree thank you for asking Iam glad you were concerned, and I happen to be certified to work on some of the most advanced avionics systems for fighter aircraft in the world, and fly as well so check your self there smart guy. I dont know what makes me more angry; The fact that I am getting personal, the fact that I am coming down to your level, or that I am wasting my time arguing with an obviously challenged individual.

For you innocent by standards out there I appologize with my deepest sympathies for the immaturity that you have wittnessed within this post but some people just try to get too personal and dont care about expanding their horrizons, but if you guys have any question pertaining to the heads and the motor click on the link because its pretty fascinating.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Sean97
1st Gear Member

I've been drinking so I didn't feel like reading the whole speal in the link, but what I did skim over, it seems like it is crazy, new, innovative stuff. It also kinda seemed like it was more than just heads. A whole engine perhaps?
Old 05-04-2006, 03:06 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

yeah they took a 302 block but I dont know what they did to it thats why I posted the whole thing in the first place, wondering if anyone else had any more info on the whole system I heard rumors from some friends that work at a performance shop that it was a stock motor, and they took out the whole lifter assembly and got a custom timing chain, but you know how rumors are. I just wanted some facts. I appreciate the reply sorry again for all the bull$hit.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:11 AM
QUIKSVT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hookandpull
heard rumors from some friends that work at a performance shop that it was a stock motor, and they took out the whole lifter assembly and got a custom timing chain
And spun it right up to 14,000 rpm [sm=bs.gif]
Old 05-04-2006, 06:31 AM
QUIKSVT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hookandpull

Hey quiksvt I know you are challenged so I put a little link for you, call me a liar and your calling them liars
http://coatesengine.com/engine_of_the_future.html
There you go lil feller...... check it if, you cant figure it out, give me a call and I will read it you. And do your self a favor stop prettending that you now $hit cause you dont. Wah wah wah the rotating assembly.. the rotating assembly.... If a rotating assembly is balanced and proportional whether it be a Pratt/Whitney f220 turbo fan jettison motor for an F-15 or a a lawn mower they all have rotating assemblies and there are always ways around obstacles. Let me guess... you bag groceries for living? I know your fresh out of high school and you know everything, but if you calm yourself and stop being so high strung your ***** are never gonna drop. I have a college degree thank you for asking Iam glad you were concerned, and I happen to be certified to work on some of the most advanced avionics systems for fighter aircraft in the world, and fly as well so check your self there smart guy. I dont know what makes me more angry; The fact that I am getting personal, the fact that I am coming down to your level, or that I am wasting my time arguing with an obviously challenged individual.

For you innocent by standards out there I appologize with my deepest sympathies for the immaturity that you have wittnessed within this post but some people just try to get too personal and dont care about expanding their horrizons, but if you guys have any question pertaining to the heads and the motor click on the link because its pretty fascinating.
You call me immature? Ha. Your such an educated, certified, wrenching, flying, perfect individual yet your posts are full of name calling, degradation, little fact, and lots of fantasy horsecrap.

In your previous post, you expressed that you really, truly believed it may be possible that they bolted these heads on a 5.0 and revved it up to 14,000 rpm. Now, after I simply stated its not possible, even with all the mainstream fancy internals sold to the public (i.e. Jegs or equivalent comment) to spin a 5L V8 motor near such a speed, you pop off about a balanced and proportional rotating assembly. Basically, what your telling me is that, hell, if its all balanced it can be spun to an infinite rpm, right? Haha. I guess there is a reason you supposedly work on avionics, because with your lack of knowledge regarding a such a basic, simple matter it would be certain suicide for you to be let anywhere near a powerplant.

I don't understand why you went so ballistic on me? Show me where in my first post I provoked any sort of angry behavior from you. Please, stop being a hypocrite by telling me to calm down, etc when I am the one sitting here laughing at your ignorance and obviously out of control temper.

You asked a question. You got an answer. You got mad? WTF? Theres a saying, "don't ask questions you already know the answer to". Seeing as you are obviously far more knowledgeable than myself or anyone else, why did you ask such a question? Couldn't you have saved yourself the time, and periods of high blood pressure pounding away on your keyboard like an idiot?

What I do for a living is none of your concern, but I can assure you I don't bag groceries. My ***** are also none of your concern. Learn to spell and punctuate. Have a nice day.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:32 AM
hookandpull
2nd Gear Member

I am not going to waist any more effort with you are obviously mechanically challenged. grow up and read the article cause obviously you havent, your the only one that doesnt get it.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 AM
QUIKSVT
1st Gear Member

Haha. OK.

Quick Reply: coates heads?