General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Double Din Center Console Swap Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default Double Din Center Console Swap Questions...

Hey I have a 2000 V6. My center console is the spilt radio design (same as 94-00) and I currently have an Alpine CD player in the top and the tray CD player delete in the bottom. I want to convert to the double din opening on the '01s and up because i want to either: a) use a DD navi unit OR; b) custom mount a Zapco external EQ in the same space as the radio (i.e. in the pocket part of a DD install kit for a single din radio). Has anyone done this/know how to? I was going to pick up a center console off one of the guys parting out their cobras but called my Ford parts counter first and it is actually cheaper from Ford (83.40 not including all the 15% discount things I have laying around) than what he wanted (100). The guy at the parts counter obviosuly could only tell me that it was a different part number and that it bolted up in different places. I have seen it done on the white 95 Cobra R in a recent Modified Mustangs mag. He has the DD center console and the stock Mach 460 CD changer from an '01 and up. I am not going to use that but does anyone know how to do it/is it hard to do???? Thanks

-Patrick

Also I am selling my Alpine MRD-M501 550x1 (at 2 Ohms) sub amp. It was only used for 2-3 months pushing my old Sony POS subs. Then I got the Mustang and got my new system so it has been sitting in my garage for about a year now. It is in the original box (lost the instruction though) and I will include the Monster Cable 4 gauge Power/Ground cable that I had it hooked up with. I have the fuse holder, but no fuse/RCAs/speaker wire. I would like to get $300 for it since it is almost brand new and i paid $550 for it new from Crutchfield. Check out the For Sale section for more info. PM/email me for pics or if interested.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:26 AM
ying.yang.gt

Default RE: Double Din Center Console Swap Questions...

I've got a '00 GT Vert and would like to do the same mod........ Can anybody hepl?