General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Guage Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 04:06 AM
MrStangMan

Default Guage Lights

I was wondering if anyone knew about the gauges on the 2003 GT Stangs. Are the lights behind the gauges green, or are they white lights and the gauges are green? The reason i ask is, i want to make my gauges blue instead of green, and was wondering if i can just change out the lights, or if i would have to get new guage faces. If i have to change out the guage face, do you know where i can get one? I want to keep them black, i dont want white guages. Any help will be appriciated. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:13 AM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default Guage Lights

l'm not sure but l think the gauge faces are green.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:29 PM
03SVTcobraa
2nd Gear Member

Default Guage Lights

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the gauges are green, and the light is just a white light. If you choose to change your face gauges, check out www.mustangworld.com or www.jcwhitney.com. Those might have what you're looking for. I haven't ever heard of blue face gauges, other than the illuminated gauges, which I think would look really nice if you want them to be black. It would add a nice touch at night especially! Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:26 AM
MrStangMan

Default Guage Lights

Im not sure i made it too clear what i ment. When i said i want to keep them black, i ment, i want them exactly the way they are now, except all the numbers glow blue instead of green. If you have seen the guages on the new VW cars, they are what im talking about - they have the black guages with white lettering during the day, and then at night the white lettering turns blue. Right now its black with white lettering that turns green. I just want to replace the green with blue. I know theres all kinds of white guage faces that the whole thing glows blue, but i just want the numbers blue. I checked out mustangworld and jcwhitney and neither of them have what im lookin for. Ive searched all over the net with no luck. Im sure theres a way, just gotta figure it out. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:40 AM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default Guage Lights

l think you can just change the white bulb to a blue bulb and you'll have blue numbers on a black face gauge...
Old 06-05-2003, 02:57 PM
MrStangMan

Default Guage Lights

If there is a white bulb, that shines through a green tinted plastic to make to gauges green, then if i replace the white bulb with a blue bulb, the blue light will shine through the green plastic giving me some weird blueish/greenish color instead of the dark blue color im hoping for. Has anyone replaced their gauge faces on a newer mustang that knows what color the bulbs are?</P>