General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Smallpox33
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

ORIGINAL: TwotoneVert

We have a great deal many turnpikes in the great state of Oklahoma, speed limit is 75, not so bad, I got stopped one morning on my way home for 79 in a 75, yes I was speeding, but I was being passed by other cars! I get a 150.00 ticket. I know it had to be for my car.
you could have argued that man its 4 mph. all you have to do is say your new gears in your car threw your mph off by 3 mph and you didnt know it so to you it looked like the right speed
Old 08-26-2006, 03:52 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

ORIGINAL: Smallpox33

We have a great deal many turnpikes in the great state of Oklahoma, speed limit is 75, not so bad, I got stopped one morning on my way home for 79 in a 75, yes I was speeding, but I was being passed by other cars! I get a 150.00 ticket. I know it had to be for my car.
you could have argued that man its 4 mph. all you have to do is say your new gears in your car threw your mph off by 3 mph and you didnt know it so to you it looked like the right speed
That's no excuse, really... it should have been corrected at the time of modification... they'll still ticket you because either way about it you were above the speed limit.

I'm surprised that the officers around here don't target me. I FLEW past one once and he did nothing... this was like 70-80 in a 50... he was in the right lane about to go onto a highway onramp in traffic, and my lane was empty... he had no lightbar and I had just noticed the state trooper logo on the side of the car as I went by and got the worst feeling... no more criminal speeding for me, ever. Yesterday, I was cruising with Fastlane034 here on the forums, we were doing maybe 40-41 in a 35, traffic was catching up with us. Four lanes in our direction, with space behind us, a trooper pulls up to the intersection in front of us on the right side... I downshifted to shed a couple MPH, so I ended maybe 39 in the 35 as I went past him... he didn't even seem interested, we were the biggest target in the world... 18 yr old driving a black 04 stang, followed by an even younger guy in a black 06 stang... I'm really surprised he didn't turn to follow us just to look for some stupid reason to pull at least one of us over. Thankfully, the officers around here don't seem too interested in me, that or I've been lucky. I've seen a lot of ricers pulled over, though
Old 08-26-2006, 09:05 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Nope, never!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:48 PM
LML97GT

IVE NEVER GOTTEN A SPEEDING TICKET OR BEEN PULLED OVER IN MY STANG... ASIDE FROM THE OTHER OFFICERS THAT I KNOW JUST WANTIN TO BS FOR A BIT
Old 08-27-2006, 03:25 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

ORIGINAL: Smallpox33

That's no excuse, really... it should have been corrected at the time of modification... they'll still ticket you because either way about it you were above the speed limit.

I'm surprised that the officers around here don't target me. I FLEW past one once and he did nothing... this was like 70-80 in a 50... he was in the right lane about to go onto a highway onramp in traffic, and my lane was empty... he had no lightbar and I had just noticed the state trooper logo on the side of the car as I went by and got the worst feeling... no more criminal speeding for me, ever. Yesterday, I was cruising with Fastlane034 here on the forums, we were doing maybe 40-41 in a 35, traffic was catching up with us. Four lanes in our direction, with space behind us, a trooper pulls up to the intersection in front of us on the right side... I downshifted to shed a couple MPH, so I ended maybe 39 in the 35 as I went past him... he didn't even seem interested, we were the biggest target in the world... 18 yr old driving a black 04 stang, followed by an even younger guy in a black 06 stang... I'm really surprised he didn't turn to follow us just to look for some stupid reason to pull at least one of us over. Thankfully, the officers around here don't seem too interested in me, that or I've been lucky. I've seen a lot of ricers pulled over, though
Not a good excuse anyway... I mean think about the argument. You are going to tell the cop that you got new gears in and its off by 3 MPH? Well hell, you just told him that you knew it was off and you even told him how much it was off! So if you know that its off by 3 MPH and it says you are going 50, then you know you are going 53 by your own admission!

Not saying that you should get a ticket for osmething that small... but using that argument is just plain bad, LoL
Old 08-27-2006, 06:03 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Also consider that when u do stupid sheet there are regular citizens that will call the cops & complain about you. Its difficult for the cops to do any thing because any body could be driving your car & have to prove it was you driving. So they wil eventually get to know you & your car. If they get complaints about your car they can hassel you by keeping a close eye on you & pulling you over for the smallest infraction.

You wil always get the "eye" when you drive a fast looking car.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:43 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I get the eye, I get followed, etc. All the cops in my town have no lives anyway, and I'm an easy target. [&:][&:]
Old 08-27-2006, 09:21 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

If you continually behave your self they wil give up & respect your right to drive a cool car.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:11 AM
turdstangjunk69

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

the cops around where i live seem to follow me but then again i am only 18 and i just got the car. its an 86 white gt 5.0 speed. it was like the 3rd day i had the car..never drove anything fast in the rain n i spun em pulling out of a turkey hill parking lot.....pulled me over....just a verba warning but now they follow me EVERYWHERE
Old 08-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Cops in my hometown of Boise Id almost always completely leave me alone. I rarely get tailed or followed. But a lot of em know who I am, and what I drive for a living.

Quick Reply: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!