General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

I get it a lot. Got followed twice this past week. I just see these headlights hauling *** from 3/4 a mile away and I know it's a cop. My tires wailed a little after making a sharp turn, so I figured he was going to nail me for that. I play it cool by acting like he's a tailgater so I move over a lane to let him pass and sure enough he pops right behind me.

He followed me for about 5 blocks before pulling up next to me, flashed his light in my girlfriend's face, so I rolled down my window. Then he said "your tires bucked a little back there, I could've given you a ticket for exhibition of speed. Slow down when you turn." All the while he couldn't keep eye contact with me.. what a vagina. I say "Yeah, I heard. Thanks!"

I think cops really appreciate it when you don't slow to a crawl just because you see them. I stay at 1-5MPH over the limit and pull over so they can pass, or at least speed up so they can get behind me and slingshot around the traffic.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:28 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars

I used to get it a lot when I drove my stang daily. I live in one of the most over policed cities in the US, so they really have nothing better to do. It might be that my car looks like a dope dealers car, but hey its my car and Ill do whatever I goddamn please to it. But I can relate to the people that get it, one time I had gotten 8 tickets in 2 months. Granted I deserved some of em but others we're just plain BS. I got a ticket for an AIR FRESHENER, 3 points - obstruction of view and/or control, right along with that I got the same ticket for tinted windows. 6 points - wtf?!?!?!? When I got those I joked to the cop ' hell, I shouldve just killed someone with my car it wouldve only been 5 points' he didnt find it very funny. All I gotta say to them is _.|.. F. U. PIG!!!!!!! [:@]
-P.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Sean W.
4th Gear Member

do you think they will follow around a classic car as much?

i kinda think they will cause i ( will ) have a 1968 mustang Red W/ racing strips, V8, 2 door mucle car..
Old 08-28-2006, 11:57 PM
DaSweed

I have a habit of toying with cops... leaving it in a low gear so its a constant 3500RPM when cops are next to me, pulling up at stop lights and droppin the top, passing them going 3 over, then getting infront of them and going the speed limit....

yeah, I am pretty much asking for it, and a TON of cops follow me, and the same ones. I have seen their VIN or w/e you call it on the side of their car, and it's usually the same few guys just following me. If they get on my ***, i just got 10under... and have once gone 15 in a 40 with my hazards on...

but yeah, never had a ticket, been pulled over 6 times. One time i was close, he wsaid i was going 51 in a 45 (i knew i was going 61 the whole time). So i asked to see the radar, and he walked to his car, walked back to mine, then said I would jsut recieve a warning?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:39 AM
BmX
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DaSweed

I have a habit of toying with cops... leaving it in a low gear so its a constant 3500RPM when cops are next to me, pulling up at stop lights and droppin the top, passing them going 3 over, then getting infront of them and going the speed limit....

yeah, I am pretty much asking for it, and a TON of cops follow me, and the same ones. I have seen their VIN or w/e you call it on the side of their car, and it's usually the same few guys just following me. If they get on my ***, i just got 10under... and have once gone 15 in a 40 with my hazards on...

but yeah, never had a ticket, been pulled over 6 times. One time i was close, he wsaid i was going 51 in a 45 (i knew i was going 61 the whole time). So i asked to see the radar, and he walked to his car, walked back to mine, then said I would jsut recieve a warning?
LOL gave me a great laugh. The hazard lights 15-40 was pretty funny.

Anyways my answer for the topic: NOPE, doesnt happen to me
Old 09-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Anthonyandmarisol
2nd Gear Member

yeah cops are dicks, some dike chick gave me a ticket about a month ago note dont get pulled by a lesbian cop there dicks to guys like us
Old 09-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Billymac76
2nd Gear Member

i dont really get bothered that much... ive never had a ticket and ive never really done anything infront of them to give them a reason to follow me.. i have been followed though. it was pretty funny, i was comming back from a friends house and we were both driving our own cars. well i drove by a cope with my friend right behind me. sure enough he pulls out and starts to follow us. after 3-4 miles my friend slows down to 5 under the speed limit and i just slowly pulled away. i think he was checking out my exhaust because it was pretty loud. but ohwell its 50 state legal and if i get a ticket for it ill just go to court and prove it.. no biggy
Old 09-22-2006, 03:44 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Where i live there are cops everywhere and you dont speed unless you can afford the ticket. Im 18 and had my license suspended twice and had to take that dumb driver improvement class. Next ticket is revoking of license. Needless to say i dont speed now. Until July 23 2007 when my license is cleared... And id watch out with the flipping license plate. One of my friends did that and got pulled over by a blown 2005 GT. They have some fast cop cars, and you get your license taken and such for flipping plates.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
chetsexington

I kno where your comming from man, im a 16 yr old guy, with a red 03 gt mustang, with black racing stripes, and 5% tint all around (wich is illegal in texas) and with the stuff i have in my car its not neccisalry quiet ethier, but one night i left my friends house at about 1am, and its probably like a 25 min drive to my house, as soon as i left my friends neighborhood i passed a cop, he literally rode my *** for the entire 25 mins untill i turned into my neighborhood, when cars were going atleast 10-15 miles over passing me, but he still stuck with me and rode my ***, it sucks bro.

also just about every time i see a cop, like even at a stop light my radar detector goes off with a laser alert like crazy, i mean com on... im stopped at a light... im not speeding douche bag
Old 09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

no i have no real problems, get a few DD's that think they are John Force on the interstate though....lol they crack me up... i usually toy em a lil them just floor it and wave bye....

Quick Reply: Does anybody get harrased "Followed" by cops all the time?? is it just cause we have mustle cars!!