General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mystichrome Leather!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:48 PM
karmann6898

Default Mystichrome Leather!

Hey, question for you guys and I really didn't know what category this could go in... I'm in the process of restoring a '70 Mach 1 and I'm leaning towards painting it the '04 Cobra color, Mystichrome. As many of you know, Mach 1 seats had an accent stripe about 3/4 of the way up the back. For example, the original seat covers in my car were black with a silver accent stripe. If I do paint my car Mystichrome, where would I be able to find the matching leather used in the Terminators for my custom upholstery guy to put in for an accent? How tough is it to find and how much would it set me back for a yard or so of the stuff? Thanks!!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mystichrome Leather!

Sounds like a good looking combo. I'm surprised your "custom upholstry guy" doesn't have his own sources for such material? He should be able to dye any leather to match any color, so long as the leater has the right grain & feel.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:10 PM
karmann6898

Yeah, custom upholstry guy is being used pretty lose right there.. haha... I'm from a town of 1700 and he happens to be local, does a good job, but very small time, more of a hobby... He said he'll get my stripe in there if i get him the leather...
Old 10-07-2006, 03:30 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I'd be surprsied if you could buy that leather, let me know if you find a place to buy it
Old 10-07-2006, 03:45 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Call Ish from Pimp My Ride. LOL.[sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 10-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

It was a special run of dyed leather, where they actually used the pigments from the dupont paint to dye the leather.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:46 AM
AlloyVert

You might try http://www.mrmikes.com/

He does a lot of kit-car work, & has samples of various color leathers. If he doesn't offer something close to the shade you're looking for, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Nice guy, has worked with the fiero online community for years (the website is a bit fiero/kit car centric).

-- Steve

Alloy Metallic 07 GT Convertible
Old 10-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Lucas11
1st Gear Member

I heard that the mysticchrome color, can only be bought if it was the original color on the original car. Its very limited, and very hard to get. If you have a fender bender and your car is that color, they send a represenative out to your place to see exactly how much paint you need, and that is all that they will give you too.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

alsacorp

they have what you are looking for I believe.

http://www.alsacorp.com/
Old 10-08-2006, 05:54 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lucas11

I heard that the mysticchrome color, can only be bought if it was the original color on the original car. Its very limited, and very hard to get. If you have a fender bender and your car is that color, they send a represenative out to your place to see exactly how much paint you need, and that is all that they will give you too.

I know its that way with the 1996 Mystic Chrome paint, but i dont think its that way with the 04 Mystichrome paint. Theyr different.

---> i just remembered why Ford does that. The Mystic Chrome paint from 96 contains the same ink used to print US Currency. So essentialy if it was easy to get the paint then people could extract ink and make very good counterfeit money. Just a cool little but of info

Quick Reply: Mystichrome Leather!