Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by NewTakeOff

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

Default Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can you please help me find out how quick my car is w/o going to the drag since I don't have time. With all my mods, andI also have takenapprox. 300lbs off the car(A/C,Spare Tire and Jack, Battery Relocation Kit,Windshield Washer fluid container and pumps,front bumper support,rear seat delete kit w/belts and clamps out, front sway bar,and I switched to a tubular panhard bar).Please tell me my estimate 1/4 mile,0-60,HP, andhow much time a s/c at 11psi would help me? TY for helping me, I can't take being made fun of anymore. I have no idea how fast I am due to special drivers and good drivers both being on the road.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Jothmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to be a ***** but you really don't have much that would boost you above stock numbers. The suspension work is great for added traction, but without a lot of power to push to the ground they're not needed. Doesn't mean they're bad. At least you have them now and you can begin adding HP without worrying about traction.

You basically have pulleys, gears,and exhaust (not quite full exhaust) The weight helps too, but it's not going to make a huge seat-of-your-pants difference.

As far as the S/C... 11 PSI would add some decent HP, but it wont be cheap. And 11 PSI may be pushing it on otherwise stock setups. Yeah, you cna get away with it, but it's getting close to too much.

Car @ idle
NOS is like a hot chick with an STD. You wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences.
samseed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

Thanks a lot, you think 11psi will give me too much boost and about 120-140HP, what if its intercooled? How much time would it take away from a1/4 mile time?What would i need to do to make it more suitable for 11psi? Thanx for the info!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

That much boost would require better rods and internals. A stock engine would bea grenade waiting to go off if you have a heavy foot.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

How much will Rod's run me? and what internals do u think I will need? what will they run me?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I admit I don't know squat about the V6 and it's capabilities. I know that on a V8 you could hold 11 PSI but it would be borderline. That same 11 PSI (intercooled) on a V8 would net you about 120 - 130 HP or so. But again, I don't know how it would work out on a V6.

Rather than trying to rebuild the entire bottom end, it may be cheaper for you to upgrade to a V8 and go from there. Or if you want the cheap way out, spend $450 and get a Nitrous Express nitrous kit that will give you about 125 or so RWHP (which should be relatively safe)

Car @ idle
NOS is like a hot chick with an STD. You wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 Ford Mustang
CrainRacing
Send a message via AIM to NeoTokyo Send a message via Yahoo to NeoTokyo

The stock bottom end can handle about 400hp as long as it is tuned properly and you dont go all boost to make that number.

For the weight that you dropped you can expect .300 seconds faster. For every 100lbs shed or gained it equals 1/10th of a second. So dropping 500lbs means half a second faster. Easy Math.

Now for your Sixers power, first off I strongly suggest going over to www.SuperSixMotorsports.com and talking to the owner (Tom) over there, he can set you up with everything you need if you tell him what you are looking for an have the cash to flash.

You have a splitport 3.8L even fire V6 which is far better than the old single port version of 98' and older. Think of it as having a double intake really, one for torque and one for topend.

Anyways, your heads cant be ported as far as a singleport but they flow better and have a refined water passage system and are less likly to crack and blow head gaskets than the 98' and older singleports.

Your car starts out strong with 190hp.
I will list your mods next and give a generalized hp number, but be warned, most of the numbers are more accurate for a V8 than a V6 especially when it comes to improving flow numbers with a CAI or TB or headers or exhaust. So you could probably even bet less than, also this is engine horsepower not wheel horsepower.

BBK CAI= About 10hp (Better throttle response, nice whistle)
BBK UD = About 10hp (Quicker revs, better fuel economy)
H and catback =about 15hp (possible loss of torque, note change)
El Diablo! =about 15hp (Better tb response,better economy)
BONUS!!! = 5hp (Uprages together compliment eachother)

So generally saying you are going to see about 245hp out of your engine, the companies would like to make you think that there is even more than that, Diablo claims upwards of 30hp in many cases but doesnt note much of the applications such as engines already producing 300+hp

The suspension upgrades that you have will undoubtadly increase your 60ft times, more power is getting to the ground and thus better launches. The gears that you are running are great for the combo but for as how fast you are in the 1/4 mi, I cant tell you for sure, I dont know how you drive, what the conditions are or what track you are using. More than the car comes into play.

I think you should stop playing around and get a set of long tube headers, a SSX sheetmetal intake from Supersix and a set of their most extreem heads and stix along with a 75mm tb, 38lbs injectors and have it dynotuned properly. That will get you into the 300hp zone, along with how light the car is already plus your subtractions I think you will be very happy with that.

If you arent and you are a true Sixer Fan then have SuperSix make you a 4.3L shortblock and shoot over 400hp w/o a power adder.
They are dipping into 600hp land and higher now with Forced Induction engines and even higher with Nitrous mix.

There arent many Sixer guys around and info is sometimes hard to find, the V8 guys (Though they may mean well) dont really understand the differences between the engines and like to say (It cant, you wont) quite often, so check out SuperSix and get all the help you need over there.

Personally, I would go with a dohcV8 swap
The V6 is going to cost you more in the long run than say a 03/04 Cobra conversion.

Good Luck with everything.

-Eric-

http://www.hookit.com/members/crainracing/

01' Mustang - Sold -
95' Mustang - Penny -
96' Mustang - NoName -
01' Passat GLX V6 4Motion
NeoTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #8
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

thnx you think my engine could take 11 psi w/o internals forged or should I get a 9psi w/it to be safe? Also, how much HP could the stock 3.8 take?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #9
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

oh sorry 400HP, what if I 11psi part of it, is that ok or should I 9psi it?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

no offfense, but why don't you just trade in that weak v6 and buy a v8. YOu are putting way too much work in to a v6 engine. You will never get the response you want without a v8 or a llllllllott of money. YOur basically gonna always be made fun of for trying to mod a v6 mustang into a "Rice Eater"
01 Cobra wheels and Nittos
StangChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #11
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

No, once I get my Procharger and have it installed, all u non induced V8's can kiss my ***!!! I will eat u like I'd eat Carmen Electra soaked in baby oil!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #12
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

well alrighty then you just do that....we'll be waiting, and you'll have a car that you will never ever be able to sell.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #13
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Jothmano

No, once I get my Procharger and have it installed, all u non induced V8's can kiss my ***!!! I will eat u like I'd eat Carmen Electra soaked in baby oil!!!!
Maybe thats the reason why people laugh at you. You talk trash to people about mods and stuff you don't even have yet! Just looking at what you have vs what Stangchik has I'm not so sure you could beat her right now. And I KNOW it wouldn't even be a competition vs my V8.

Yeah, maybe you can do something if, and I mean IF you do manage to get a procharger and then if and only IF you manage to get it properly intalled. And after all that you may be able to hang a little.

But a basic rule of thumb... don't talk trash about stuff you don't have and don't "call out" large groups of people, especialyl if you can't beat most of them.

I'm sure I could still beat you in a race even if I removed my supercharger, my methanol, and my nitrous. Maybe I should call my car the V6 eater then? Oh, and those are mods I actually have installed and tuned... not ones I think I may want to buy someday. Thats over 430 RWHP...and that isnt even counting the GT40 heads, intake, and Steeda #19 camshaft that was just installed and the Tweecer that has been ordered and will be here shortly.

Sure, 430 - 450ish RWHP is not even close to what many people on here have. but it sure the heall beats a lot of people. But that doesn't mean I ahve to come here, be a *****, and start talking trash about it. ESPECIALLY if I don't even have the mods yet.

Car @ idle
Old 02-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

I didn't mean to be a dick, but she said my car will suck *** even after I get the procharger installed which I am ordering now since my loan was approved, but after the procharger, I'll probably have about 330-340rwhp which is pretty good for a weight reduced V6, and I bet less than 5% of the people on this server aren't pushing that power w/suspension mods. So I believe I have the right to talk a little, especially to non-force induced V8's which have 225-255rwhp stock. I no I will still be no where near force induced or spray running V8's, but be honest w/my hook up I'll be running probably low 12's, maybe even high 11's. Isn't that respectable[&:]?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

CrainRacing

LoL

See the people just come out of everywhere to make fun.

Your car made 190hp stock
Stangchicks car makes 215 stock
There is about 250lbs difference between the two of you, hers being the heaviest because of that cast iron V8 and an 8.8" diff in the back + quad shocks and other small differences, she also has a different K-Member and under chassis K-memberconnecting arm.

Your V6 would most likly beat her (Unless your an auto) in 1/4 mi but on the road course she has a little stiffer suspension that would offer slightly better controll. She has an auto though and would suffer slightly in the road course because of lack of controll in the gears.

Modified between the two of you, she will make more power because whatever she does has a higher efficiency level than what you are doing because of the extra 2cyl.

You are about 245hp modded right now, she is about 275, maybe 280hp (I am adding lightly because I dont know the what intake she is running) now but she also has an auto which eats up more power than a manual by about 7% more. She gets a better launch and exact shifts (More so with her shift kit,) you have more controll. It really comes down to the driver.

Your car is also about 300lbs lighter in what you have done plus another 250lbs or so diff from the V8 model. Depending on how much you weigh I would have my money on the "Weak Sixer."

Now if she were to get a set of PI heads she would dramaticly increase her power output especially if she upgraded to a more extreem set of stix and a typhoon ported intake along with 75mm tb and larger injectors. I could see her getting high in the 300's just with that, a cheap (In performance standards) swap.

Either way and internal combustion engine is an internal combustion engine and making it perform at peak is your goal. Size does matter and eventually she will outperform you, but you have a lot of room to play with to find out what it will take.

Its easy for people the make fun of you here in the safty of the forums because you cant go out and whoop their *** on the track. If you nottice MM&FF have been publishing more articles about sixers because the demand is rising and the power these engines can produce is coming out. Dont get your hopes down because someone with a V8 tells you that you are stupid or wrong for wanting to mod a V6.

One thing that she will always have on you though is sound, no even fire V6, V8, V10 etc will ever sound like an odd fire V8. Viper owners complain because the exhaust note sounds ricy and that is because of the even fire engine.

I would stick with an 8 or 9psi kit, but you arent going to be able to do too much more without heads, intake and a cam. You should really think about having SuperSix build you a block, hell just have them build you a short block for a few grand and then boost the hell out of it, I think they rated their 4.3L shortblock to handle 23psi or something like that. Dont screw around and cheapen out some parts though, everything is related to everything else, like a chain a weak link will break it long before the others fail.

You should also think about other methods of gaining power, that snail is going to rob you of a ton of power, and the higher the rpms the more power it takes to turn it, same thing with a roots blower. I am not saying that they dont add a ton of power but its not as good as say a Turbo.

Turbo kits are coming down in price, general rule with one of those is just to sit down with the pro's and tell them what you are trying to do with what trans, gear, weight and so forth of your car. They will order a turbo that is roughly 25% more powerful than what you are looking for and then tune it to 75% so that you have the power you are looking for but you arent maxing out and shortening the life of your turbo. That mixed with an eff map will do a lot more for you than a Snail or roots will with less effort by the engine and larger numbers will be gained with a better street profile

In all to surpass the 400hp limit on those engines you really are looking at about $10k in build costs plus the engine, and then at that level you can take it into 700 and 800hp ranges. There will be loss as the power travles to the ground but you will still be higher than most.

The main question is, Do you have the money to mod your car? Whats your career? What bills do you have and then ballance your build accordingly.

-Eric-

PS, I should mention that for the most part, the added power levels are estimates based on the advertised power levels and real world power levels leveled out. Every car is different as is every driver and exacts cant be played out over the internet. There are countless things to take into the final aspect.

In all just enjoy your car and dont worry about keeping up with the Smiths.

01' Mustang - Sold -
95' Mustang - Penny -
96' Mustang - NoName -
Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
jmac1995

get everything on and tuned then show some vids. that will get you the respect you want.
Homemade Tag relocation "kit"

1995 Yellow GT
53,XXX miles
NO MODS (yet)
jmac1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

my car had 225 stock, plus i've done quite a bit of work don to it considering my budget. Are you really trying to say that his v6 will beat me, i seriously doubt it. I'm nearly into 13's already with what little i have on a non-pi SN95 for that matter. Not many of them can say that, but for you to think a reduced weight v6 will hang anywhere near my car, you are out of your mind. Don't get me wrong i have never been one to come on this site and brag about my car, although i am proud of it. My whole point is he could buy a v8 and put that kind of money into mods for it and have a car that runs1-2 secs faster, with much more respect. Even if he did build a fast v6, i would never respect him with an attitude like that.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

CrainRacing

Whoa, hey now, yeah we dont have to start picking fights.

A lot of these people can be your best friends because of the things they know, fighting with them especially with such a new account is no way of getting respect from them.

Just play it cool, state your facts, make rebuttles but dont argue and fight.

Having exact numbers helps a ton, knowing real world numbers helps too and it helps to talk about something thats already bought

I should also mention that if stangchick were a manual then I would have my money on her, and like I said earlier I dont know what intake she is running so I guessed low for the power output, she might have a lot more than what I mentioned based on something as simple as an intake.

Just be a friend to everyone and you will have a great time here, great time with your car and wont get a headache because you are so mad at someone that you will probably never see

-eric-

01' Mustang - Sold -
95' Mustang - Penny -
96' Mustang - NoName -
Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #19
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

CrainRacing

I didnt nottice that your car was also a vert, that adds more weight too. I have faith that he could beat your car assuming you have a stock type intake but I dont know everything about it.

I thought he had 4.11's too but I am not sure now because she also mentions that he has 3.73's on the way. I dont know whats realy anymore.... Wait..... So far nothing is, its just the internet...... LOL

I have to get back to work, my lunch is over.

Stangchick, your right, attitude is very important. I like how your car looks too, very nice! Go to cardomain and search for neo232mustang and check out my baby, its out of date and old, most of that crap on there has already happened.

01' Mustang - Sold -
95' Mustang - Penny -
96' Mustang - NoName -
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #20
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

CrainRacing

PPS... Without the gears he doesnt have a chance, so no, now he cant beat you.

01' Mustang - Sold -
95' Mustang - Penny -
96' Mustang - NoName -
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement