General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

Default Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can you please help me find out how quick my car is w/o going to the drag since I don't have time. With all my mods, andI also have takenapprox. 300lbs off the car(A/C,Spare Tire and Jack, Battery Relocation Kit,Windshield Washer fluid container and pumps,front bumper support,rear seat delete kit w/belts and clamps out, front sway bar,and I switched to a tubular panhard bar).Please tell me my estimate 1/4 mile,0-60,HP, andhow much time a s/c at 11psi would help me? TY for helping me, I can't take being made fun of anymore. I have no idea how fast I am due to special drivers and good drivers both being on the road.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to be a ***** but you really don't have much that would boost you above stock numbers. The suspension work is great for added traction, but without a lot of power to push to the ground they're not needed. Doesn't mean they're bad. At least you have them now and you can begin adding HP without worrying about traction.

You basically have pulleys, gears,and exhaust (not quite full exhaust) The weight helps too, but it's not going to make a huge seat-of-your-pants difference.

As far as the S/C... 11 PSI would add some decent HP, but it wont be cheap. And 11 PSI may be pushing it on otherwise stock setups. Yeah, you cna get away with it, but it's getting close to too much.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

Thanks a lot, you think 11psi will give me too much boost and about 120-140HP, what if its intercooled? How much time would it take away from a1/4 mile time?What would i need to do to make it more suitable for 11psi? Thanx for the info!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

That much boost would require better rods and internals. A stock engine would bea grenade waiting to go off if you have a heavy foot.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

How much will Rod's run me? and what internals do u think I will need? what will they run me?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I admit I don't know squat about the V6 and it's capabilities. I know that on a V8 you could hold 11 PSI but it would be borderline. That same 11 PSI (intercooled) on a V8 would net you about 120 - 130 HP or so. But again, I don't know how it would work out on a V6.

Rather than trying to rebuild the entire bottom end, it may be cheaper for you to upgrade to a V8 and go from there. Or if you want the cheap way out, spend $450 and get a Nitrous Express nitrous kit that will give you about 125 or so RWHP (which should be relatively safe)
Old 02-07-2007, 09:08 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

The stock bottom end can handle about 400hp as long as it is tuned properly and you dont go all boost to make that number.

For the weight that you dropped you can expect .300 seconds faster. For every 100lbs shed or gained it equals 1/10th of a second. So dropping 500lbs means half a second faster. Easy Math.

Now for your Sixers power, first off I strongly suggest going over to www.SuperSixMotorsports.com and talking to the owner (Tom) over there, he can set you up with everything you need if you tell him what you are looking for an have the cash to flash.

You have a splitport 3.8L even fire V6 which is far better than the old single port version of 98' and older. Think of it as having a double intake really, one for torque and one for topend.

Anyways, your heads cant be ported as far as a singleport but they flow better and have a refined water passage system and are less likly to crack and blow head gaskets than the 98' and older singleports.

Your car starts out strong with 190hp.
I will list your mods next and give a generalized hp number, but be warned, most of the numbers are more accurate for a V8 than a V6 especially when it comes to improving flow numbers with a CAI or TB or headers or exhaust. So you could probably even bet less than, also this is engine horsepower not wheel horsepower.

BBK CAI= About 10hp (Better throttle response, nice whistle)
BBK UD = About 10hp (Quicker revs, better fuel economy)
H and catback =about 15hp (possible loss of torque, note change)
El Diablo! =about 15hp (Better tb response,better economy)
BONUS!!! = 5hp (Uprages together compliment eachother)

So generally saying you are going to see about 245hp out of your engine, the companies would like to make you think that there is even more than that, Diablo claims upwards of 30hp in many cases but doesnt note much of the applications such as engines already producing 300+hp

The suspension upgrades that you have will undoubtadly increase your 60ft times, more power is getting to the ground and thus better launches. The gears that you are running are great for the combo but for as how fast you are in the 1/4 mi, I cant tell you for sure, I dont know how you drive, what the conditions are or what track you are using. More than the car comes into play.

I think you should stop playing around and get a set of long tube headers, a SSX sheetmetal intake from Supersix and a set of their most extreem heads and stix along with a 75mm tb, 38lbs injectors and have it dynotuned properly. That will get you into the 300hp zone, along with how light the car is already plus your subtractions I think you will be very happy with that.

If you arent and you are a true Sixer Fan then have SuperSix make you a 4.3L shortblock and shoot over 400hp w/o a power adder.
They are dipping into 600hp land and higher now with Forced Induction engines and even higher with Nitrous mix.

There arent many Sixer guys around and info is sometimes hard to find, the V8 guys (Though they may mean well) dont really understand the differences between the engines and like to say (It cant, you wont) quite often, so check out SuperSix and get all the help you need over there.

Personally, I would go with a dohcV8 swap
The V6 is going to cost you more in the long run than say a 03/04 Cobra conversion.

Good Luck with everything.

-Eric-
Old 02-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

thnx you think my engine could take 11 psi w/o internals forged or should I get a 9psi w/it to be safe? Also, how much HP could the stock 3.8 take?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

oh sorry 400HP, what if I 11psi part of it, is that ok or should I 9psi it?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

no offfense, but why don't you just trade in that weak v6 and buy a v8. YOu are putting way too much work in to a v6 engine. You will never get the response you want without a v8 or a llllllllott of money. YOur basically gonna always be made fun of for trying to mod a v6 mustang into a "Rice Eater"

Search this Thread