Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by NewTakeOff

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #21
Spoutz

Default RE: CD Error on Mach 460 cd-changer

i fixed mine after i replaced it. i can sell it to you for a fraction of a new or refurb. a cd was jammed so i replaced it then cleared it out. i can help you. e mail me
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Spoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #22
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CD Error on Mach 460 cd-changer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Augy

Well, I decided to take it out again and REALLY take it apart this time. I messed with all sorts of stuff I shouldn't have and pulled a few things out that seemed a bit foreign. Lo and behold, when I put it back in it WORKED. I'm tempering my enthusiasm a bit because I don't know how long it will last but it's the first time I've heard the sound system really shine (radio sucks). Sounds pretty darn good for factory. So, to those reading this thread with similar issues...don't give up.
yeah.. the cd error on our cars are VERY common.. they are a piece of junk.. speaking from experience: for some reason pulling the negative cable off the battery alone does not always fix the issue.. if this happens to you again disconnect both battery cables for about 10 seconds then put them back on .. that has always fixed the issue with me.... at least until it starts to flake out again..
or

just replace the factory unit with something better.
shadowfoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
c5zee

Vehicle: 2002 GT
Default wooohoo thanks MustangMike2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMike2001 View Post
Radio fuses are#27 (25A) and #32 (15A).
Thanks MustangMike2001 , bought the car and cd's jammed inside, pulled the fuses and was able to get out the cd's! I didn't have a manual so that really helped... my #27 fuse ended up being a 20amp but it was the right fuse none-the-less. Signed up here just to post this... good luck with the cd changers.
c5zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #24
GTgeezer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Mustang GT

Mine did it and it was a cd stuck in opening just behind door which I was able to dislodge with another cd. this happened while unloading cd's and I found I had better luck if you hold the load button (long press) which is auto load and no problems.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
460, cd, changer, error, errors, fix, ford, jams, mach, machcd, sound, stereo, stuck, system, taking