General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

I need opinions on my 2004 Mustang wreck *update post 15*

Old 01-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: I need opinions on my 2004 Mustang wreck

ORIGINAL: AllVenom
Dan, you have to be smoking something. The dealers will not lower the sticker on any new Cobra. They don't have to, somebody else will buy it at that price. Sometimes you just cant haggle for something if they are willing to lose a sale. When they (the dealership) know they can get it at 40k, then they will say no thanks. This happened here in NC for me last year when I was looking for my 03 Cobra. So, instead, I found a used '03 wIth 5500 miles on it and saved myself around 7k.

It's never worth it to buy a car brand new. We all know that once you drive from the lot, you just lost at least 4k, and that's even if you didn't pay sticker. Just my .02 worth.
Mhmm, well the stuff I smoke doesn't make me hallucinate. Not once, have I ever gone to a dealership and not been able to get any car under sticker price. The Cobra is not gods gift to V8 Performance and it is not a rare car, if any dealership is respectable, they will negotiate for a price well under sticker. There are Cobra's all over the North East sitting on lots for $28-32,000 brand new. They are even listed on autotrader.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:55 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

Mhmm, well the stuff I smoke doesn't make me hallucinate. Not once, have I ever gone to a dealership and not been able to get any car under sticker price. The Cobra is not gods gift to V8 Performance and it is not a rare car, if any dealership is respectable, they will negotiate for a price well under sticker. There are Cobra's all over the North East sitting on lots for $28-32,000 brand new. They are even listed on autotrader.
I'm sorry, did I just read that correctly? So, tell me Dan, what other (brand new) V8 car can you buy for your claimed 28-32k that even comes remotely close to the performance of an 03/04 Cobra with a warranty? Last time I checked there were none. True, it is not "rare", but here in NC where the weather is warm (this year 12 months out of the year) they are highly sought out. Maybe up in the Northeast where you have like 3 months of weather to drive in the dealers can't get higher prices for them or something. Nevertheless, I'll gladly line up next to anyone with my (lacking V8 performance) Cobra.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:30 AM
r2mystics

[quote]ORIGINAL: AllVenom

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr
Where are you cause I would like a cobra convertable for that price. They run for about 40,000 around here. I do agree you over paid though. You are looking at alot of money to fix it. I would call the police get her info and then go after her for the repair costs. If you screwed up engine parts it must have been bad. Get some pics if you can. Sry man, that sucks!
I'm in MA, but you can find a Cobra 'Vert for that price ANYWHERE. Never ever pay MSRP, if you don't pay ATLEAST 2000-2500 under MSRP, you're getting a bad deal.
Dan, you have to be smoking something. The dealers will not lower the sticker on any new Cobra. They don't have to, somebody else will buy it at that price. Sometimes you just cant haggle for something if they are willing to lose a sale. When they (the dealership) know they can get it at 40k, then they will say no thanks.
This happened here in NC for me last year when I was looking for my 03 Cobra. So, instead, I found a used '03 wIth 5500 miles on it and saved myself around 7k.

It's never worth it to buy a car brand new. We all know that once you drive from the lot, you just lost at least 4k, and that's even if you didn't pay sticker. Just my .02 worth.

Here's my 2 cents...
I got my 2004 Mystichrome Cobra last November used for 29950 with 14000 miles on it. I jumped on it since we have a 1996 Mystic that we bought my husband new, but even that one we talked down a little due to a scratch in the clearcoat on a rear fender. Got that fixed, it still looks great. Don't be afraid to be patient. Our next Cobra will be the 2007 GT500, we may have to wait some for a used one to pop up, but it'll be worth it.