General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How did your love with the Mustang begin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Case

Default How did your love with the Mustang begin?

It's pretty obvious that everybody in this forum loves their Mustangs. But why? I'm pretty sure everybody here has a pretty good story about why they love Mustangs, so let's hear 'em.

I'll start with mine. It's pretty simple really. I was about 8 years old and my Dad, who worked at Ford's (retired now) and always loved Fords, told me to come in the living room and watch a movie with him. It was Bullit (with Steve McQueen), I've been hooked ever since. I bought my first Mustang when I was 17. It was an orange '85 Mustang GT (saved all my money from working a part-time job at the local gas station for 2 years). It was in good shape and had about 175,000 kms on it. A few years later I landed a good job and shortly thereafter I bought a brand new '94 GT (black with the gold accent package). My next one was a new red '98 GT. After that, kids came into the picture so I took a few years off from having a Mustang. I missed it bad, so I bought a white '91 notchback. Then, this past summer I stepped into my current Mustang GT, my first convertible. By far my favourite Mustang was my '85, not because it was the best, but probably because it was my first. But without a doubt my '04 is the best one I've owned.

It's funny how a person's love with the Mustang can begin. My nephew is 10 years old and this past summer he was with me when I got my '04. I took him to a couple ball games in it and now everytime I stop in to see him, he's telling me about the Mustang book he got from the library, or the Mustang model he is building, etc. It'll be interesting to see what car is sitting in his driveway when he gets older.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:57 PM
97Cobra

Default RE: How did your love with the Mustang begin?

Mine is pretty simple. When I was a kid, my Dad restored old muscle cars (but no mustangs). Then when I was a teen, he bought his 87 conv LX with some performance mods. I spent a lot of time in that car and even learned to drive in it. I was hooked from that point on, then even more so when the 94-98 body style came out. Now, I finally have mine!

~Erik
Old 01-21-2005, 01:00 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

I got hit by a mustang when i was 10, from then i loved them. j/k i guess it was the history heritage and design that got me hooked.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:15 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

General tech?

Anyway, my brother-in-law bought one, i loved it, so i had to get my own I kinda wish i would have got the SS though
Old 01-21-2005, 01:20 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OUZBnd

General tech?

Anyway, my brother-in-law bought one, i loved it, so i had to get my own I kinda wish i would have got the SS though
Then you'd need to grow a mullet, and wear a greasy wife beater everywhere
Old 01-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Hells GT
2nd Gear Member

When I was about 13 I had a paper route and one of my customers had a 5.0 in his drive way and I loved that he had sitting there. I used to look at it everyday I delivered his newspaper. I even remember saying to myself one day "Im gonna have a Mustang one day!"
Old 01-21-2005, 02:30 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

in 87 my mom got a brand new 5.0 notchback, then in 89 my dad got a brand new hatch, my father raced his into low 13s and would always beat his friends trans am and i remember the cars perfectly, there were pretty much the only mustangs ever seen around here at the time. ever since ive loved fox bodys.. cant see me getting anything else, unless like a 67 fastback..
Old 01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

i had 1000 dollars needed a car saw a mustang 4 cylinder 5 speed needed some work tested it and bought soon after the thing is falling apart...brakes, suspension, body...just get worse and worse but sooner or later it won't have anything left to break on me...i love it and its just a fun car to have plus its my first...if i had the chance to do it over...yes i would..i would buy a better mustang
Old 01-21-2005, 05:25 PM
bull8t
2nd Gear Member

My dad had a candy apple red 67. 289 high performance, four barrell, blah blah blah. I remember the day he sold it, I was 10 years old. *sniffles*
Old 01-21-2005, 05:42 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

my uncle and cousin started drag racing stangs over in south carolina when i was about 10 and i loved the car they had, 88 cobra. my cousins both have stangs and my brother and i do as well. my oldest cousin has a 2000 v6, my youngest cousni has a 2001 v6 vert, my bro has a 96 v6, and i have a 99 v6. you cant get better styling and performance for the price from any other car than the mustang

Quick Reply: How did your love with the Mustang begin?