General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Under The Hood Suggestions, PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:41 AM
KiiD2X
1st Gear Member

Default Under The Hood Suggestions, PLEASE!!!

Hey, Lol, Im not a big muscle head infact I dont even know where to start under the hood, I hooked up my outside now its time for Suspension and all the Engine stuff.Please tell me what to buy to make it a really fast car (With reasonable priceses.)

1997 Mustang GT

Heres A Pic.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG00011-1.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...X/IMG00014.jpg
Old 08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
5.0fuz

Default RE: Under The Hood Suggestions, PLEASE!!!

This is kinda a really hard qusetion to ask. What is reasonable to you might not be reasonable to someone else. What might be really fast to you might not be really fast to someone else. is it a daily driver, or a track car. Are you able to do all the maintenance yourself. Do you want all motor? Do you want supercharged? There are WAY too many options to go here.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:56 AM
KiiD2X
1st Gear Member

Well reasonable too me is like not over 1,000 Dollars for any one part unless its the supercharger. (As for as a whole kit I can handle +1,000) I drive it daily nowbut Its not going to pass inspection so im getting a Evo, So I would say track..Maintenance is going to be done by my mechanic (I dont want to break anything.) And all motor or supercharged??? I'm not sure, Which one is faster???..(And when I say fast I mean something that would make it an 11 second car 10 if possible.)
Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

first finish the outside and put the hubs back on your rims.....buy a 150 shot. call it a day.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
JPaikos
1st Gear Member

First off, why won't it pass inspection? You say possibly a track car. What kind? Drag, Road Racing, Auto Cross? Track cars need to be light. It helps in cornering. So if your going to be building a track car, the first thing you NEED to do, in my opinion, is lose the body kit and "Lambo" doors. There heavier than stock (the fenders are bigger, there for heavier. Unless there carbon fiber which I doubt. Would have cost a small fortune). And I'm sure the door hinges weigh about as much as a small child. We need more info.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 AM
KiiD2X
1st Gear Member

My tints wont pass inspection and I dont want to pay to get them took off so Im just gonna get a fake inspection sticker...But I dont want a rally car for god sake...I want a drag racing car...And the doors are just pumps pushing it up 10 pounds at max I say...The body is like one layerd fiber glass -Very easy to break-, (Would that be lighte than the stock kit???) I agree with the rims but im not too worried about those because im waiting for them to come in...I would get a nitrous kit but I dont know if I have to build my engine up first or not....This is the first time i've done this, because this is my first car...So please keep all ignorant comments to yourself thanks , So ok, Say if you have about 15,000$ to hook this car up (Performance) What would you do to make it as fast as possible?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:38 AM
white69mach1
2nd Gear Member

rice rice baby
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

First I would fix the doors how they should be, take that ugly body kit off. Get rear end gears, short throw shifter, H/C/I, nitrous, full exhaust. There are many more things you can do to make it faster. Oh stickers! each one gives you 5 HP.

So how does a v8 sound with a fart can on it?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:51 AM
KiiD2X
1st Gear Member

LMFAO!!!, Ok, Cool, I will be sure to purchase stickers (Yea, Right) ...I Like the pure engine noise tho.... im not a big fan of fart cans...Im not a complete ricer, What part brands should I look for though?? (LOL, Do you guys really hate my car that much?, LMAO, I guess I should just get my Evo and leave the Mustangs to the 30 year old men who still live at home with there moms than right?) Ok, But seriously im really tryn to make it a fast car I dont mind getting ride of the body kit and ish (Its become a problem anyway) I just need advice, and what parts to use
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM
JPaikos
1st Gear Member

Drag Racing.....
Free mods
1) Gut interior. Remove any, and I mean ANY interior that you do not need. (Example: Back seat, passenger seat, radio, speakers, carpeting, sound deading(sp) material, stc...). Also remove the wing. You won't be going fast enough to need one and its drag so it will just slow you down.
2) At least put your stock front grill pieces back on. That after market piece looks like it has the aerodynamics of a dairy barn.

$$$ Mods
1) NOS, Superscarger, or Turbo. (Supercharger in my opinion. No bottle to refill $$$. Turbos have lag and belong on Hondas.)
2) Wider rubber in the rear. Stock shoes will get eaten up at the track.
3) Different rear gears

That should get you started.

Quick Reply: Under The Hood Suggestions, PLEASE!!!