General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help regarding power windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
VABEACHPONYGURL

Default Need help regarding power windows

Hey you guys.... I need help!!!

Soo.... awhile back my window got stuck down.... and it would do that sometimes for like a day or two then start working again... and wouldn't do it again until i rolled it COMPLETELY down again. Well it stopped for about a year, and the other day it got stuck again. It would click, but it wouldn't make any engine sound at all. We ended up having to take the motor out, and once taken out the motor would work while it wasn't hooked up.

Well... Now its out, but the window is... well partially up... and I need help... I need to find a diagram to put it back together, because anyone familiar with the 2002 mustang knows you cant really get inside it, so anyone who can tell me how to find directions to completely redo it... as its rigged just not too fall down so I don't get flooded.... thanks soooo much...
Old 09-09-2007, 11:54 PM
fccwpe

Default RE: Need help regarding power windows

I looked in the owners manual and it gave a short reply. Here's the deal, they have a sensor that basically won't catch you fingers. It CAN be reset.

Start the car

lift the key to drive the window up and hold for 3 seconds.

push it down to drive the window down and then hold for 3 seconds.

Other than that, I can't help.

Hope I gave some assistance.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:36 AM
VABEACHPONYGURL

LOL... Well at this point... everything is disconnected... I need to figure out how to put it all back together... yay me I am assuming taking it to a dealership is going to cost more than I have.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
silntrunin

ORIGINAL: VABEACHPONYGURL

Hey you guys.... I need help!!!

Soo.... awhile back my window got stuck down.... and it would do that sometimes for like a day or two then start working again... and wouldn't do it again until i rolled it COMPLETELY down again. Well it stopped for about a year, and the other day it got stuck again. It would click, but it wouldn't make any engine sound at all. We ended up having to take the motor out, and once taken out the motor would work while it wasn't hooked up.

Well... Now its out, but the window is... well partially up... and I need help... I need to find a diagram to put it back together, because anyone familiar with the 2002 mustang knows you cant really get inside it, so anyone who can tell me how to find directions to completely redo it... as its rigged just not too fall down so I don't get flooded.... thanks soooo much...
I'm having the eaxct same problem with my 99 to the T. Got stuck for a while then worked and then stuck again, unitl it wouldn't go up anymore. I went out got a new motor and when I was removing the old one, same thing, it worked then. Anyway I need to know if there is a trick or something to getting the window guides back into the tracks.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:19 AM
VABEACHPONYGURL

This is proving to be more of a pain in the butt ... than I had imagined... .I guess I am going to have to suck it up and pay the dealer to fix it
Old 09-15-2007, 01:27 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

it should easily bolt back in. you got it out right??? reverse the steps.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 AM
VABEACHPONYGURL

Much easier said than done

They tell me its a " regulator" Who knows.... I guess I will have to suck it up and pay them

Ford wants like 450 bucks

But the electric shop wants like 150
Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Sumtoy#3

I have had to replace the drivers electric window regulator in 3 of my older mustangs, once replaced they work fine.