General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

a couple of problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Phantoms
1st Gear Member

Default a couple of problems

I have a 97 V6. I just got the car today and on the drive home I noticed the temp guage wasn't working and the windshield leaks air. Is there an easy fix to both of these problems? Windshield will more then likely have to go to a shop for that repair. Temp guage easy to fix myself or will I be better off taking it to a shop for that also? Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: a couple of problems

ORIGINAL: Phantoms

I have a 97 V6. I just got the car today and on the drive home I noticed the temp guage wasn't working and the windshield leaks air. Is there an easy fix to both of these problems? Windshield will more then likely have to go to a shop for that repair. Temp guage easy to fix myself or will I be better off taking it to a shop for that also? Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks.
found your problem.

new windshield will fix that "air leaks" and a new temp sensor will fix that temp guage from not working. make sure you buy the right color (green).

Old 12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Phantoms
1st Gear Member

Yeah I was thinking I could have the windshield pulled and the weather stripping replaced. A temp sensor is all I will need to correct that problem....sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info jEEd!!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

Yeah I was thinking I could have the windshield pulled and the weather stripping replaced. A temp sensor is all I will need to correct that problem....sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info jEEd!!
yeah no problem! usually if that guage doesn't work, its the sensor not working correctly, gl w/ the windshield.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Phantoms
1st Gear Member

Getting ready to price a new one now then call around and see if it can just be repaired.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Phantoms
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jEEd

yeah no problem! usually if that guage doesn't work, its the sensor not working correctly, gl w/ the windshield.
Would the temp sensor also cause the heater to not be very hot? Or is that a whole different problem in its own?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Check with your insurance company, a lot of companies will replace the winshield if you happen to get a large crack or spiderweb that is too large, and all you have to do is pay the deductable. It depends on your coverage.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Phantoms
1st Gear Member

yeah I am looking into that.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Phantoms
1st Gear Member

ok I just replaced the coolant temp sensor. When I am drinving the needle will sit on the normal line or under. When I am sitting still at idle it will move up to the middle of normal.....then drop back down when I am moving. Too warm out today to tell if heat is any better then it was. Could the Temp Switch be an issue also?