General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Value suggestions for 

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 12:40 AM
detsgt119

Default Value suggestions for 

As mentioned earlier I ended up with my son's '66 coupe, 6cyl, 3 speed but it is not what I really want. I want a later model notch back but that is another story. Anyway, the fellow my son bought it from was in the auto businessand replaced the front fenders, hood, fender wells, hood and put a $3,000(supposedly barter value) misty blue paint job on it; Looks Beautiful. All chrome is either newly chromed or in very good shape except for one of the front bumper "supports"? Rear seat has a tear from weathering which I plan to fix before selling. Engine purrs and trans shifts fine but whines in 2nd. New front end installed and it needs alignment which I will be doing after putting new tires on it. The small problems are; speedo head does not work-gear is not worn at tranny and cable is ok (car is showing 66,000 bt has to be 166,000), radio is missing, temp and oil press. sending units need replacing-grounding guages seems they are ok. I have the kick panels and arm rests but have not installed them as well as the seat belts. The carpet, door panels, handles and cranks are all new aftermarket. Due to a second rear end accident(not in this car) I am unable to complete the small things this car needs. It truely is a very good looking car. Online prices range from 6-8-11 or so. I would consider the car to be in the higher middle range. Any suggestions as to a starting price and how much I should be willing to take off for the minor repairs it needs? Car was originally being restored/fixed by mechanic as a match for the one he did for his wife but he ran out of interest after completing hers and doing most of his.He is the one who did the body panels, front end and undercoated car. Son and I had to replace a wheel cyl as the bleeding screw brokeoff as we were flushing the brake system.Car has aftermarket wheels, the black/satin finish offset spoke wheels. My son also put the nice wooden steering wheel on the car. I have been on two trips with friends to look at foreign cars advertised on E-bay as excellent and they were dawgs. This car is a NICE, CLEAN car. I was thinking of starting around 8 or so, as similar "looking" cars on e-bay are selling for that. Does that sound reasonable, taking into account you have not seen or driven the car? I had no idea replacement parts were so expensive until my son sunk several thousand dollars into the interior. I'm in the wrong business.LOL I have rambled enough but if anyone would like to opine I would be greatly appreciative.</P>

</P>