General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Fuzz Busters

Old 09-07-2008, 07:51 AM
jjgt07
1st Gear Member

i hate speeders and tailgators,you all should go to h*&^, keep that **** on a track where it belongs.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:57 AM
jjgt07
1st Gear Member

heres a good one, acouple of weeks ago a had to put this kid in his place because he would not leave me alone with his monte carlo ss so i blew him off so bad it wasnt even close. this has to do with speeders, i saw this kid in his ss and funny thing,his front end was smashed all to bits,see what speeding gets you/ stupid rich kids,i bet daddy is is proud now!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:28 PM
95gtstang

As for radar detectors If your using one and hoping that it will save you foorget it, unless the cop is always running it as he or she drives. Your detector generally is made by the same company that makes the radar units just under different names. Those companies are not going to give you what is currently out for law enforcement officers.being a former cop, I knew which vehicles to shoot and when you seen them do a brake stand you got them cause you knew they had a detector and were hoping to get away with their speed. Your dectector will only pick up a radar that is not "doing instant on". All most officers need is 3 seconds to be able to stop or the real quick deceleration, then they just need to ticket you with some other speeding charge. Detectors that are seen by cops will generally get you the citation as they know what they are used for. so just lay off the speed.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
bobbyhart

Well, here is a funny/sad story, depending on how you look at it. I was going to have lunch with my grandmother about a month ago and I was driving down a 4 lane road (2 lanes going each way) and I come around a curve and a cop is sitting there on his motorcycle. I looked down to make sure I wasnt speeding, and I wasnt, so I went about my business. Almost a mile later I see the bike-cop behind me with his lights on, so I pull over. He then told me that I had failed to move over for an emergency vehicle. He wrote me a ticket for not moving over to the other lane, even though he didnt have any lights on or have anyone pulled over. Where he was sitting, by the time I saw him I would have to had jerked the car into the lane next to me to avoid driving by him. He was sure to tell me how many of those 'Mustang GT's' he pulls over and told me 'that is how motorcycle cops get killed.'

He didnt say anything about the bald-*** drag radials, how loud the car is or that my window tinting is too dark for the laws in Alabama. He did tell me how much the thought my car was cool and asked me if it was 'grabber orange'.

I am a very courtious person and always admit if I have done something wrong, always use yes sir/yes ma'am, etc. I have never had a problem with a cop, ever, but this guy was a super douche. He was a young state trooper and I had just read a few days earlier in the newspaper that a lot of the troopers had been taken out of patrol cars and put on motorcycles because of the gas prices. Oh well, I have a court date on November 6th. I dont know what my argument is going to be, but I do plan on trying to get out of it.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Dapimpilator

Wow that's retarded I would definitely try to find a way to fight that. But then again you have that whole your word vs a state troopers word.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Lolz at the uninformed civi's on here....Wikipedia a reputable source of info hahhhahaha
Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

STOP SPEEDING!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Hey did you hear? Ford is thinking of making certain cars available that have their maximum speed capped at 80mph. "Parents" (or whomever controls the brats lol) will have a master key that allows full use of the car, but can implement the speed cap if junior wants to borrow the car. Sucks to be a teen
Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 AM
MadCowRacer

I've gotten ONE ticket since having my radar detector stolen four years ago. Admittedly I was speeding saw the cop on the OTHER side of a divided highway and just let the cruise control do it's job. Four miles later I got picked up by another sheriff from the same district. While I didn't understand how that was possible and REALLY thought to ask to see the readout, I just minded my manners took the ticket like a man and paid it knowing full well those points would never make my IL liscense from MI. Honestly my neighbor is a trooper and the magic number is almost always 10 over. Driving crazy and weaving will net you a lower magic number.

On a side note I have to laugh at jjgt07 He hates speeders and swears at tailgaters, but then in his next breath talks about how he puts a punk in his place. Did you take that to the track mister holier than thou?