General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4.6l mods for hot rod lincoln?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by SUP3RSTANG
a cold air intake s a waste of money.. im 100% sure now after swapping from stock to aftermarket..im back to stock now. i would look more into a tune for the auto
even in stock form the AXOD in the continental starts slipping something fierce... I think they made them out of glass

so if a tune is thrown into the mix it's only a matter of time before your tranny starts juggling gears.

on that note you are correct, a CAI by itself will net you absolutely nothing... there is no aftermaket out there for the continental aside from cracking the block open and spending big money on something that will only net you around 50BHP at the most... and when all is said and done you get a 16 second FWD car doing 15's... whoopdee!!

if you are looking to be a little bit quicker, find a different platform... no offense but I really don't see someone looking to mod a 1998 continental having deep enough pockets to do what is required to make the car "quick"

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-05-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 PM
gearhead275

a cold air intake s a waste of money.. im 100% sure now after swapping from stock to aftermarket..im back to stock now. i would look more into a tune for the auto
i was looking into that, but im not sure were to go to get that done....
do you know any places
Old 10-05-2008, 06:11 PM
SUP3RSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gearhead275
i was looking into that, but im not sure were to go to get that done....
do you know any places
lol i live in Texas, and have my whole live.. anything outside of Texas might as well be mexico cause iv never been lol
Old 10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
gearhead275

lol i live in Texas, and have my whole live.. anything outside of Texas might as well be mexico cause iv never been lol
LOL well thx anyway
Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 PM
gearhead275

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
even in stock form the AXOD in the continental starts slipping something fierce... I think they made them out of glass

so if a tune is thrown into the mix it's only a matter of time before your tranny starts juggling gears.

on that note you are correct, a CAI by itself will net you absolutely nothing... there is no aftermaket out there for the continental aside from cracking the block open and spending big money on something that will only net you around 50BHP at the most... and when all is said and done you get a 16 second FWD car doing 15's... whoopdee!!

if you are looking to be a little bit quicker, find a different platform... no offense but I really don't see someone looking to mod a 1998 continental having deep enough pockets to do what is required to make the car "quick"
man in stock form the 1/4 mile comes up at 15.5 sec at 94MPH
about the transmision, could always have a aftermarket tranny company rebuild it to withstand the power
yea the car is quick......for what it is, im just trying to make it able to compete with a stock mustang or camaro

Last edited by gearhead275; 10-06-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

im just trying to make it able to compete with a stock mustang or camaro

not gonna happen

the car is not a mid 15 second car... my 2001 conti only pulled a 15.7 and that is with more power than your version had

with the money you will spend to get your rowboat to "hang" with a V8 mustang or a camaro you might as well buy a new car that can hang right out of the box... again, someone with a stock 1998 continental asking about mods doesn't have that kind of cash

if you want to talk about what a car can or can't do at the strip there is a cardinal rule here... run the times yourself, hold proof with it.... then talk as you like

untill then, the only "quick" lincolns out of the box thus far are the mark VIII's and the 03+ lincoln LS's... because anything that isn't at least 14 seconds isn't quick where I'm from

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-07-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:54 AM
gearhead275

not gonna happen

the car is not a mid 15 second car... my 2001 conti only pulled a 15.7 and that is with more power than your version had

with the money you will spend to get your rowboat to "hang" with a V8 mustang or a camaro you might as well buy a new car that can hang right out of the box... again, someone with a stock 1998 continental asking about mods doesn't have that kind of cash

if you want to talk about what a car can or can't do at the strip there is a cardinal rule here... run the times yourself, hold proof with it.... then talk as you like

untill then, the only "quick" lincolns out of the box thus far are the mark VIII's and the 03+ lincoln LS's... because anything that isn't at least 14 seconds isn't quick where I'm from
i like to know were you got 15.7 cuz the 98 did 15.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GESAHkZT1g

i guess you think it's impossible for mine to be just a little quicker than that one too.

and about the markviii it only does 7.1 0-60 "out of the box"
according to edmunds
your pulling facts out your *** man
Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

i like to know were you got 15.7 cuz the 98 did 15.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GESAHkZT1g

i guess you think it's impossible for mine to be just a little quicker than that one too.

and about the markviii it only does 7.1 0-60 "out of the box"
according to edmunds
your pulling facts out your *** man
woahhohohoh!

watch out for big man quoting edmunds and comparing his car to youtube videos, get out and actually run your car at the track, what's next a speedo E-race?

the markVIII pulled mid-high 14's fairly easily just like the 03+ LS.... fact of the matter is your continental is not moddable (at least in being cost effective to be a drivers race with a stock mustang or camaro) and you are stuck with a high 15 second car

we have been through this before, so I know that you don't know your head from a cylinder head... are you really going to turn this into a magazine clustermess like last time or are you actually going to save yourself the trouble and take my advice this time?

buy another car for speed.

[/end thread]

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-07-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 AM
gearhead275

woahhohohoh!

watch out for big man quoting edmunds and comparing his car to youtube videos, get out and actually run your car at the track, what's next a speedo E-race?

the markVIII pulled mid-high 14's fairly easily just like the 03+ LS.... fact of the matter is your continental is not moddable (at least in being cost effective to be a drivers race with a stock mustang or camaro) and you are stuck with a high 15 second car

we have been through this before, so I know that you don't know your head from a cylinder head... are you really going to turn this into a magazine clustermess like last time or are you actually going to save yourself the trouble and take my advice this time?

buy another car for speed.

[/end thread]
i would buy a faster car but i think im just gonna mod mine since you think it's just a high-15sec car
just to prove you wrong
Old 10-08-2008, 09:31 AM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

i would buy a faster car but i think im just gonna mod mine since you think it's just a high-15sec car
just to prove you wrong
lolololololololol

Quick Reply: 4.6l mods for hot rod lincoln?