General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

A/C Vacuum Line ???

Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
yeewiz

Default A/C Vacuum Line ???

anybody with a 98 'stang or something close can help tell me where that itty bitty vaccum line labeled A/C from the vacuum distribution block goes. the line in my car just ends about 18" from the distribution block. I think it's suppose to T into 2 other locations but I don't see anything that would T. a picture would really help if you can. thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
yeewiz

help guys, please. here's a picture of the vacuum block. I'm looking for where that small line, which starts at the nipple above the lower hose, goes. mine deadends 18" from that nipple

http://flickr.com/photos/bmw2002/3291212571/

surely someone's got this setup. TIA!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:12 PM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

cant take a picture b/c dont have my car right now, but it should run along the firewall toward the passenger side.

Just an fyi, you do know that hose is supposed to be connected to the vacuum tree right? In your pic it is disconnected (mine was the same way, just macgyvered it with some electrical tape.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:48 PM
yeewiz

thanks. I heard somewhere the line is connected to something. since mine ends 18" from the tree, I'm trying to see where it connects to. you got good eyes, didn't know how many people would see that the end is disconnected. do your center vents work? doesn't sound like you have a good vacuum if you've bandaged it up with electrical tape
Old 02-21-2009, 01:14 AM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

well actually it was broken in two spots. There is a T fitting that this connects to and that ran to the vent controls. Initially, it was broken at the T fitting, taped that bad boy up good and worked great. Then it broke at the vacuum tree where it is disconnected on yours. Since I couldn't go out and get a new line, I cut a little slit in the rubber that goes on the vacuum tree just big enough to get the broken vacuum line out. Then I put the remaining part in the rubber and taped it up good. Its not extremely high suction... And yes, all of my vents work as normal.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:47 AM
yeewiz

good to know that. that's the T fitting I'm trying to find / see what it is. you got a picture of this fitting and where it is in your car? I've searched the forum and I think I can substitute normal vacuum line to replace the broken orignal line. thanks for your help
Old 02-21-2009, 10:30 AM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

Ill try to go out and get some for you today.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:32 AM
yeewiz

thanks, appreciate the help!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:58 PM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

Here are some pictures I took. They go from the vacuum tree to the passenger side of the car along the firewall. The "T" isnt really a T, or atleast mine isn't. It joins the 2 vacuum lines. Eventually the vacuum line goes into the firewall, couldnt really get a good shot of it, but I'm pointing to it with my one finger. Sorry for the crappy pics, I was running late. Hope they help.

Just past the vacuum tree:

Behind the Intake:

"T" fitting passenger side of intake:

Where it goes into the firewall:

Closeup of where it goes into firewall:

Last edited by mrdeep2001; 02-21-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: forgot some pics
Old 02-22-2009, 02:17 AM
yeewiz

MrDeep2001, these pictures are pretty good, really. only the middle one showing the "T" fitting is out of focus. these are a big help. it was the T that I couldn't find because it had dropped down behind all that tubing. after looking at that small line, what I did was just remove the nipples at the tree and the T and connect up about 30" of 1/4" vacuum line instead, which worked just great. really appreciate the help and you going and taking those pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C Vacuum Line ???