General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

How to go about this

Old 06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default How to go about this

ok well i have a 1990 mustang auto 4 banger POS....now it runs fine but it just isn't a good car over all...tons of little things broke and some body damage....now i don't have tons of money but i was thinking of trying to take out a 3-5 thousand dollar loan and buying say a 87-93 5.0 5 speed or auto which ever but it has to be a 5.0 or an SVO if i could find one...or a newer mustang perferably a gt buti can settle with a v6 now is this is good idea because i have checked it out and for 3000 at 10.49 asrp paying for 3 years its 100 a month and thats 25 a week which i can handle but for 5000 at 5.something asrp its 151 a month which is like 37 a week which i can handle to...now i want to try to get my dad to do this for me because i can't keep driving a **** box around because its just not safe and reliable like i want it to be....now which type of these cars should i get because i like any car(- the 4 banger N/A) 87 and up...help me out on this because i can't stand driving this car around...any help on how to get my dad to let me get a loan would help out so much too
Old 06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How to go about this

Go to a bank and get your own loan,you will be glad you did when it's time to buy something truly expensive.If you don't have a job,get one.If your'e a student,get a job anyway.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

lol i do have a job not a good job but still i get like 75-120 dollars a week...not bad for a 17 year old only working like 2-3 days a week
Old 06-29-2005, 04:43 PM
razarr69
2nd Gear Member

yeah id definatley take out the biggest loan you can afford, if you were gnna buy a stang id get 89 or newer because they *** wit mass air. ideadly i think tha 90,91 are the best. it doesnt really matter if its gt or lx, jus get a 5.0 they are definately sweet. i wudnt go with a v6 tho, youll be kickin yourself when a 5.0 pulls up nex to u at a red light. also see if you can find another job, im a 16 y/o student n im makin bout 250 or so every 2 weeks during skool now im makin about 250 a week workin full time.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:17 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

yea i can't do that until i get say a newer job...i'm a ****ing bag boy at a food store...sucks *** but its my first job....no i wanted to get a v6 because of gas, insurance, and well i wanted to get a 94+ mustang or camaro...i know its not as powerful but i need a nice vehicale...and well don't worry i'm use to getting beat by any vehicale on the road...plus i just wanted to get a newer vehicale...so i wanted to get 3000 because i have found a pretty nice 1996 Mustang 3.8v6 5 speed with 107,000 miles on it...its acually like 4000 but this ad for it you get 1000....lol

also if anyone can tell me more abou a loan...now i wanted to get 3000 becase i can't really get any more than that and i have found a nice car for 3000 and i can take care of the rest of registration and so on...but from what i have looked at there seems to be a 7500 minimum on getting an auto loan....if anyone can explain this to me a little more because i'm not really sure about a loan totally.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:27 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

no,no,no you can take out any amount for the car, it doesnt have to be a certain amount. Man you sound alot like me, but i still work for a grocery store. I had a red 1990 auto 4cyl, had 80k on the o.d. and had a screaming 88 horsepower. hahaha. dude get a small amount loan wise from the bank and fix what your worried about in the 4cyl so youll have some credit history but otherwise save your money man. banks are a joke with interest dont take out a big loan unless you absolutely need one. I saved my money and after i graduated i went out and bought an 1990 gt and it was all good. plus that 4cyl is gonna be just that much cheaper for you since your still under 18.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

well no i really hate this car and well its got tons wrong with it i would rather just go and get a v6 or something like that...thsi car isn't really reliable....i wanted to take out 3000...i checked on the apr and well its not that bad over all nothing i can't handle...so thats not a problem...i just need a newer vehicale that i can reliy on and not have to worry plus i need some more power because this thing is just slow as hell
Old 06-29-2005, 09:32 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

dont take out a bigt loan making 100$ a week.. dude get a real job, im 17 and i have a 10,000$ fox paid for. 100$ a week is pathetic...
Old 06-29-2005, 11:08 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

well thats nice but i don't have tons of money or anything like that....id on't have any money at all really i'm just trying to get a ncie car that i don't have to worry about
Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

yea dude look at your sig, your 17 and you have all those projects going on, and a second car? yea you must be a hooker.

Search this Thread