General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

94-98 Mach 1 Shaker Hoods. General Help Please, tips, kits!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default 94-98 Mach 1 Shaker Hoods. General Help Please, tips, kits!

Heya everyone;

Well my Mach 1 swap is doing ok, The engine is going into the shop soon to have the 5.0L stroker kit installed, ballanced and blueprinted. Everything else is going in for moch up. I still havnt ordered my PST carbon fiber driveshaft. I got a rear end out of a 94' GT that we got in our yard and I put an Auburn Torsen in it with 3.73's and belstein quad shocks. I still dont know what to do with my suspension spring and shock wise though!

My question is;
I am stuck on figuring out how my shaker hood is going to work. My stock hood is too low to make a shaker work so its GONE! Now a Cobra R hood looks like it would look just fine with a shaker sticking out of it but I am not 100% on this one. Another thing, I would prefer a molded hood that already had this in mind so that it looks as close to the original as possible and not to mention Super clean because it wasnt cut out, you follow?

So does anyone know where to find any instructions on how to do this from scratch or better yet does anyone know where I can find a kit to do this that already has a molded hood along with it.

Thanks again everyone.

Sincerely Eric.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 AM
UhadMEatGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 94-98 Mach 1 Shaker Hoods. General Help Please, tips, kits!

You dont want to buy the aftermarket Mach 1 shaker unit for 94-98 from www.Mustangtuning.com ??
Old 07-09-2005, 01:24 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 94-98 Mach 1 Shaker Hoods. General Help Please, tips, kits!

Huh? I dont really follow.

I want to buy the aftermarket Shaker hood and the whole shaker unit. But the HOOD is the most important to me right now because I want the HOOD to look as clean as possible, I dont really want to cut into it to make the shaker work. If I can buy a shaker hood that already has the hole pre-formed then that is the way that I would prefer to go.

I found a place online that will sell me every shaker part I need Stock replacment and otehr for my car for about $500 dollars. Pretty damn good price IMO, and i could probably find it on ebay too or somethingl like that.

Any more info would be helpfull.

Thanks.

-Eric-