General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SCT X3 Firmware Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:18 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Default SCT X3 Firmware Issue

Don't ask why because now I wish I hadn't bothered but I tried to update the firmware on my X3 the file I downloading from SCT was:

X3 Ford Enhanced Flash Device Firmware
Application: X3 Ford Device PN:3000
Current Version:1.2.118-3000
Last Updated:06-29-2009

I put the device into Firmware mode and ran the upgrade, according to the app everything ran fine, I unplugged the device, then plugged it back in the screen flashes and then comes up blank like its still in firmware mode, only I'm not holding any buttons down....

I tried the order firm version

X3 Ford Enhanced Flash Device Firmware
Application: X3 Ford Device PN:3000
Current Version:1.1.155
Last Updated:08-21-2008

Just to see I could get something back on screen, this time the device booted correct but told me it was the wrong version which if you read the description:

This is the latest firmware release for the X3 Flash Device.
This firmware is ONLY for X3 Devices sold after July 25th, 2008. If you are updating an X3 device purchased prior to July 25th, 2008, you must use the SF3 device updates or you will receive an error while updating the device.
Is exactly what it should do....

So I tried the latest firmware update again and still the screen just flashes once the update has completed, I've left a message with the SCT support people but they are apparently done for the day so I figured I would see if anyone had any suggestions....
Old 10-23-2009, 10:15 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

So after 4 hours of panic and thinking I'd toasted a 300$ X3 I realized that I'm an idiot... I only read the first part of the firmware description and missed the bit that told me the download I was looking at was for enhanced devices only.... which mine isn't....

So long and the short of it is I downloaded the correct firmware and the X3 lives.... at least for another day anyway....

So my apologies if I wasted anyones time with this and mods please feel free to close or delete....
Old 09-21-2019, 10:41 PM
Justin Angelo

Where did you find the files?? I need them badly